Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the center console and took pictures? My plan is to install my amp volume knob in the little pocket to just to the side of the emergency brake. I was hoping I could just drill a hole in the bottom and somehow fish the wire out the bottom of the passenger side of the console and then I could just run it along the side and tuck it under the console. I am just not sure if anything would interfere with my plan and I dont want to drill any holes until I know if I am in the clear.

Only reason I am installing the bass knob is due to having a infant on the way, and it would make for quick on the fly adjustments when the baby is in the car, otherwise I would not mind just tinkering around with the factory head unit when needed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It is likely you will find room their. I have done several installs in the center console. The Accent does for sure. I could give you a definitive answer this weekend if I wasn't going on vacation, as I will ge going into mine real soon to do some more modding.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see no reason why I couldnt just drill a hole in the bottom of the little pocket and use a stiff wire to push the small remote wire out the bottom of the console. I really dont want to rip everything apart even further..

·
Registered
660 Posts
May I suggest that since this is a device that you will not be using continuously, that you hide it in a discreet location out of sight. either the glove box or arm rest storage compartment.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking the same thing, but my center arm rest and glove box are both full of crap, and both locations would not be easy to adjust on the fly if ever needed.

I was thinking about recessing it a bit in that little pocket so it would be less viable but still easily adjustable.

Nothing is set in stone yet though so we shall see what actually happens..

·
Registered
660 Posts
A good place to install which I did in one of my cars was just in front of the e-brake handle, where you can rest your hand on the console and turn the knob with your thumb and forefinger. It is convenient, yet still somewhat concealed.

Shifter surround & knob 5.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts