Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I put mine in the little slot right in front of the glove box. I don't need it facing me...yet one more distraction. Also, that 3rd mount, on the a-pillar...little dangerous given there's an air bag in there, no?
I agree, I have a few spots I stick my phone. The only time I like to see it is when I am using the gps app.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys, that's one way to look at it. Kinda like what's the point of changing out your bulbs for others ones, when the factory ones work just fine?!

Let's face it, parts for these cars are very limited and I'm just trying to share my findings to those that are looking to add an option or two to their rides. Not everything is for everyone and I get it. I've also come to realize that the greater majority of Fe owners on here or more factory purists and I respect that, but please with all due respect, allow those who are not, also enjoy the limited options that are available to them.

I do thank you for your input and creative enthusiasm. So, happy day to all and thank you for stopping by and submitting your input.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I much prefer this system for my phone... The Tetrax Xway. Portable between ANY car - not Santa Fe specific, and works great for my iPhone when using it as a phone, or GPS - as I can spin/rotate it on the magnet.
I got it for about 1/2 price off ebay versus in a store.

What I like is that I have it mounted on the vent on the top left corner over the radio - so the phone is easily visable when incoming calls come in - and i'm not looking down to my knees instead. It comes with 3 little discs (you only need one) that stick on the back of your phone/GPS or case - I have it on my silicone iPhone case, no issues with it since I put it on 8 months ago.

I like this way, as I didn't want a suction cup holder on my window, and I didn't want anything sticky on my dash.

Here's a pic, and a link:

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - XWAY line

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
I for one appreciate the links posted of Santa Fe applicable "finds". I may not use or buy but appreciate the find(s) nevertheless.

AzFe's link in particular was helpful. I will be ordering that one as it'll free up my centre console area where the 3GS currently lives that monitors data via Bluetooth connected OBD.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Vehicle specific mount for the Santa Fe DM. Check it out! I'm love'n mine.

Hyundai*Santa Fe*2013*Dashboard Mounts*-*ProClip USA
This is the best cellphone holder for any car. It sticks on vacuum to the rough dash of Santa FE without needing any glue. I have had it for almost an year now and has not come off even once. Can be operated using one hand. I got one for my Accord also and there too it is holding up well.

Amazon.com: Aduro U-GRIP PLUS Universal Dashboard Windshield Car Mount for Smart Phones, Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C / 4 / 4S / 3G, Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S4, Galaxy NOTE 2, Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX, HTC EVO 4G, HTC One X, LG Revolution, GPS Holder

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I much prefer this system for my phone... The Tetrax Xway. Portable between ANY car - not Santa Fe specific, and works great for my iPhone when using it as a phone, or GPS - as I can spin/rotate it on the magnet.
I got it for about 1/2 price off ebay versus in a store.

What I like is that I have it mounted on the vent on the top left corner over the radio - so the phone is easily visable when incoming calls come in - and i'm not looking down to my knees instead. It comes with 3 little discs (you only need one) that stick on the back of your phone/GPS or case - I have it on my silicone iPhone case, no issues with it since I put it on 8 months ago.

I like this way, as I didn't want a suction cup holder on my window, and I didn't want anything sticky on my dash.

Here's a pic, and a link:

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - XWAY line
I'm glad you found a unit that works good for you. Looks like a nice set up. If you look further into Proclip's site, you or anyone else will notice that they carry a similar setup as yours. They have all types.
I attached my pass through cradle to the mount which allows my iPhone to charge, link to the radio via the usb cable and it still gives me all the great features.
Thank you for your input and link too. Enjoy your "FE" and hope to see more updates on your ride.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I for one appreciate the links posted of Santa Fe applicable "finds". I may not use or buy but appreciate the find(s) nevertheless.

AzFe's link in particular was helpful. I will be ordering that one as it'll free up my centre console area where the 3GS currently lives that monitors data via Bluetooth connected OBD.
Thank you and I'm glad you found the link to be helpful.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the best cellphone holder for any car. It sticks on vacuum to the rough dash of Santa FE without needing any glue. I have had it for almost an year now and has not come off even once. Can be operated using one hand. I got one for my Accord also and there too it is holding up well.

Amazon.com: Aduro U-GRIP PLUS Universal Dashboard Windshield Car Mount for Smart Phones, Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C / 4 / 4S / 3G, Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S4, Galaxy NOTE 2, Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX, HTC EVO 4G, HTC One X, LG Revolution, GPS Holder

Good find and thank you for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.