Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give their feedback. The CEL came on, I scanned it myself and got a P0011 and P0012. Sounds like the Oil Control Valve is the issue. Anyways, my car was due for a recall as well for the ABS Module/relay. Brought the car to the dealership to do the recall, and also had them do a diagnostic for the CEL (even though I knew the problem). $50 later, they tell me that its the Oil Control Valve and that both will need to be replaced, but I didn't have to do it right away.

I ordered both parts 24355-3C100 and 24355-3C200, plan on doing them myself and had them sent to my parents house since they have a garage (its winter here in Minnesota) and I live in an apartment 60miles away. Anyways, I make it to my parents house, and also needed to have the front driver side CV shaft replaced, it was clicking and leaking grease, so I took it to the shop nearby and they replaced it. On the way back to my parent's house, the CEL started flashing! I pulled over and scanned it, P0300 (Multiple Misfires), P0016 (Crank-Cam position correlation), P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306 (Cylinder 1,2,3,4,5,6 Misfire Detected Respectively)

Definitely not a good sign. I drove it slowly to my parents house, and parked it in the garage. The Oil Control valve parts arrived, and I plan on putting them in within the next few days. Question is, what are the chances that the engine's timing is off and damaged?

And how much does it cost on average to fix a timing issue?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I had a flashing CEL in my 3.3 Sonata - I had delaer check codes but I think it came back pretty similar to yours only mine there was only 1 or 2 that was misfiring. It was riding rough for sure.
Took it to dealer; they gave me an estimate for about 1500 bucks I think to change the ignition coils and spark plugs and one or two of the injectors since they had a little funky reading on one of them.

I ended up just ordering 6 ignition coils, 6 spark plugs and 6 injectors from rock auto and did it myself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: I replaced both Oil control valves. Started up the car, and the car is still misfiring. However, the codes I'm getting now are: P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected, P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage B1S1, P0157 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage B2S2.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you haven't already done so, you might want to check the static and running battery voltage, just to make sure your vehicle isn't having a charging system issue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: Replaced both oxygen sensors (bank 1 sensor 1, and bank 2 sensor 2) as well as the PCV valve. I also cleaned the throttle body while I was replacing the PCV valve. Cleared the codes, and started the car. Engine idled correctly, engine was no longer shaking or misfiring. Scanned for codes, no more trouble codes! Woo!! Took my car into Hyundai for an oil change, as the oil was contaminated with all the misfiring that has been going on. Drove the car to and from Hyundai, with no issues!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts