Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Santa Fe, Tested and and replaced the wheel speed sensor. That was not the problem. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the wiring harness and would cost $4500.00. I said that’s not going to happen. Took it home and tested some wires. All wires have continuity, they did say that the Ohms resistance was too high so their must have been a break of some wires. So I replaced the 2 wires coming from right front speed sensor to the ECM by cutting the the wires next to the connectors and soldering new ones on, a $4 fix.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Most technicians know jack **** about diagnostics. 90% just throw parts at a problem and hope for the best. True diagnosticians are a dime a dozen. Furthermore, dealerships don’t do any actual patch repairs. They just replace the entire part. So in your case, a broken wire would equate to a new harness.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
Most technicians know jack **** about diagnostics. 90% just throw parts at a problem and hope for the best.
In my experience, most dealerships don't have an on staff auto electrician, and most mechanics in the dealerships know jack **** about electrics. You can't repair a fault if you don't know how to identify where it is, so they replace the complete harness. And why not. It's a nice little earner for them if the customer can afford to pay.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not just talking about electrical. In general, most mechanics have very poor diagnostic skills.

In my experience, most dealerships don't have an on staff auto electrician, and most mechanics in the dealerships know jack **** about electrics. You can't repair a fault if you don't know how to identify where it is, so they replace the complete harness. And why not. It's a nice little earner for them if the customer can afford to pay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts