Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Hatchback Sport

Okay so long story short i routed our GPS power cable underneath the steering column and up the side of the dash between the door to the lower left side of the windshield to my GPS. I spooled the the excess cabling in the fuse area. My wife needed to take the GPS charger out of the car and for whatever reason loosed one of those larger rectangular plugs on the left-hand side of the fuse box. Then the car wouldnt start. I saw that the plug was loose and pushed that rectangular piece around the plug back down in to "clamp" it back in. The car starts up now but when my wife turns the car off (doesnt matter if she leaves the keys in or not) the clock remains illuminated and the radio keeps playing. Eventually the radio turns off but the clock takes longer to turn off. I cant for the life of me figure out why this is happening since the plug is re-inserted (Ive checked EVERY connection there now just to be sure). I also cant remember if the clock is supposed to stay on when the car is off (un-illuminated) or not. My wife wasnt able to start the car this morning and even though it was pretty cold (still not freezing out) im wondering if something is draining the battery. She said it would turn over and start weakly, then stop. I had hurn turn the key to accessory and make sure the dome light was off and turn the radio off. Then it started. However the clock and the cd player still stay on for a minute or so. Help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts