Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right or wrong I put a catch can on my 2018 accent. I changed the oil today and dumped the can.
Hopefully the picture I took will be included.( I'm not computer savvy).
I was surprised at what was in it after less than 3000 miles. The car is rarely started unless it's getting driven for at least 10 miles to the town near us.
Most often it's the 25 mile trip to work. Occasionally I move it out if the garage and shut it off cold but not often.
And I changed the oil after only 3000 miles. For less than $21 I can do it with a Hyundai filter and crush washer and regular dino oil.
Too many bad experiences with lube techs at the dealers. In 3 changes I've gotten the wrong filter once and about a quart over full all 3 times.
Oil seems pretty dark for only 3k too. Think I'll stick with 3k intervals. I was paying nearly $50 every 5k.
IMG_20200210_172743850.jpg

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
You would expect the water/milky substance (condensation). If it didn't form there it would evaporate...on your 25 mile trip.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Most of what gets caught is water from the humidity in the air. There is some hydrocarbon mixed in, mostly lighter compounds that will evaporate if left open to the atmosphere. It is not necessarily actual oil when collected from the PCV side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts