Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i Feel a hesitation from the car when i hit the gas pedal to accelerate and Early this year i change the spark plugs because there was like shaking while i drive then every thing a;right then i got MIL flash after 1 month the code was P0421 i think it's the CAT if it'the CAT i think of cutting the cat from the exhaust system and remove it from the exhaust system here were i live we dont have emission test or any thing but dose it harm the engine if i cancel the CAt from the exhaust system

thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys

i forgot about the oxygen sensor what i will do with it if i replace the CAT with straight pipe

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Usually, if you don't need the cat, you can just take out the catalyst material inside, and put it back on. Then you don't have to worry about where to put the O2 sensor. Of course, you'll get emissions trouble codes when you gut the cat, or replace it with straight pipe.

·
Banned
44 Posts
sooner or later you will i was going to do that but then realized i shouldnt because of the MIL light but you could check ebay u can get one for like 200 bucks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And if i erase the code after i remove the cat dose it will come back every time i start the car or it will only come once and when i erase will be gone iam just worry not to miss up the car by removing the cat

What if i leave it like that does it will damage the engine

I am a bit confused

thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello

I tried to remove the material in side the CAT but the bolts look like the are welded to the Cat one of the bolt broke when i tried to remove it
is there any other why i just removed the bottom side the top all bolt welded to the Cat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts