Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used this in place of SPIII for an extended amount of time, I.E. 10K miles, Etc? How has it worked? Any issues? Performance? Etc.
I did a search on it, and came up with the great debates about using it, but couldnt find anything on how long, issues, etc.

·
Registered
587 Posts
QUOTE (Propflux01 @ Nov 8 2010, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369929
Anyone used this in place of SPIII for an extended amount of time, I.E. 10K miles, Etc? How has it worked? Any issues? Performance? Etc.
I did a search on it, and came up with the great debates about using it, but couldnt find anything on how long, issues, etc.
No. Use the Castrol. It work's fine. The only fluid you have to worry about is power steering, not available in auto parts store for ours cars. Coolant, I can buy from the store but prefer the dealer route. Near 8k here doing great, better shift quality for sure.

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (Big B @ Nov 8 2010, 12:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369962
No. Use the Castrol. It work's fine. The only fluid you have to worry about is power steering, not available in auto parts store for ours cars. Coolant, I can buy from the store but prefer the dealer route. Near 8k here doing great, better shift quality for sure.
Any oil that meets the specs is good. Castrol is not endorsed by Hyundai if you were thinking.
For the power steering, you can always buy it at Amsoil dealers if you can't find it in stores.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (Propflux01 @ Nov 9 2010, 07:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370347
Thanx Big B!

Hard to find any other fluid at all with those specs...
VersaTrans meets the SPIII specifications set by Hyundai. I used that ATF on my 30K Service last month. While I don't have 10K miles under the belt with that ATF, I have noticed AT improvements in the short time since I had the flush.

See Post #50 of the following thread - http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t52314-st-40-30k-service.htm

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can you get this VersaTrans Stuff?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (Propflux01 @ Nov 9 2010, 09:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370378
Where can you get this VersaTrans Stuff?

It was offered as part of the ATF flush I had performed at my local Firestone shop. That was the ATF they used for vehicles requiring SPIII ATF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Propflux01 @ Nov 8 2010, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369929
My 2.4 L holds 8.24 qts. I was able to drain & replace 4.5 qts about 5k miles ago with no issues so far. Also just drained and replaced another 4.5 qts. Both actions have now removed about 84% of the original SPIII. Shifting seems slightly improved, but a huge difference was not noticeable to me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Shifts are faster, but under normal light acceleration you feel it shift. Basically, if you had regular or old fluid it would some times slip, the new Castrol shifts alot smoother. But there is always that burp and that gap shift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts