Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience in adding a bike rack to a 2012 Accent Sedan. I am talking about the type that straps to the top and bottom lid of the trunk and you just rest the bike on it. All thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
436 Posts
This summer i bought the Saris Bones 3. After first buying a cheaper bike rack, i decided to spend the money for the Saris and am happier i did. Feels pretty secure with a bike or two on it. When you load up with three bikes and a few friends in the cabin, however, it gets kind of scary. The rear suspension sags very low and bumps feel like your on a roller coaster. All in all, i reccommend you buy the Saris vs other brands and to not make the mistake i did. Having a bike rack and a bike almost fall off your car while going 40mph is something nobody should every experience. Stick with the Saris and you should be fine. Mine came with plenty of straps that were high quality and after being tightened down, felt very secure. Feel free to message me with any other questions:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a Saris Bones 2 rack that I use on my car. I like that it folds away nicely and that it has a lifetime warranty. The only thing I recommend is that you either lay down a vinyl strip or tape off the area where the clips and the feet go. It will scratch the clear coat over time and will require some buffing later to get it gone. This is because dirt can get in between the clips/feet and the paint. But this will be an issue with any rack that has to touch the paint. Other than that, I love my Bones 2 rack and carries my mtb and road bike fine.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have the same and carries two bikes without problem. I cover the Up clip with old tube piece

·
Registered
518 Posts
^^ really nice Orbea :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
yeah right, the second frame Orbea made in spain, now i´m shift to 29er

·
Registered
436 Posts
yeah right, the second frame Orbea made in spain, now i´m shift to 29er
Yeah, moved to the diamondback 29er hardtail and wont go back. Such a nice ride. Love your full suspension bike though!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts