Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site, lots of helpful information towards the purchase of my new 2018 SEL with Tech.

Picked it up yesterday.

Question on setting up AppleCar Play.

Is it possible to run a spilt screen on the display, AppleCar play, say with maps running, and SiriusXM in the other half? Or with CarPlay its all or nothing being displayed.

I went through the menus and don't see an option, Ive searched google, and here, with no results.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can listen to audio from am/fm/xm while In Apple CarPlay and vise versa you can have CarPlay audio going while In blue link but screen displays one or the other. Would be a nice feature update if they let you do side by side but I understand why they haven’t with the smaller screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Same response, you can press the XM button and see the XM screen or radio, but need to go back to CarPlay. No split screen. I would also try Waze. I feel it's a bit better then CarPlay, more information available (traffic problems, a bit better screen).

Waze uses phone data... so you better have a nice data plan if you intend to use it a lot. I have had GPS in both cars for 5 years so I am use to a large map screen. We do use Google maps/Waze at times to check if the route is correct /the fastest / traffic problems. "We" meaning my wife as the passenger using her phone.

http://ww w.connectedcarlife.com/features/10-things-to-know-about-apple-carplay

ht tps://mashable.com/2017/09/27/apple-carplay-android-auto-apple-maps-waze/

CarPlay uses Apple Maps, on your phone. So you don't use a lot of data. But CarPlay runs different then Waze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have used Waze for years on my phone in my old (09 Sonata).

I was hoping for a split screen set up, with XM on one side and CarPlay running in the other. Of course you can run Waze, turn audio notifications on, play XM and have Maps going on Apple CarPlay, a very ugly work around, but it does work.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have used Waze for years on my phone in my old (09 Sonata).

I was hoping for a split screen set up, with XM on one side and CarPlay running in the other. Of course you can run Waze, turn audio notifications on, play XM and have Maps going on Apple CarPlay, a very ugly work around, but it does work.
I agree; but I will take my audio police notifications via Waze. At least we have that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts