Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys, anyone here has the carplay files for elantra 2017 and is willing to share? I know that Hyundai releases an update for all Canadian customers in 2017 but the link is not available anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys, anyone here has the carplay files for elantra 2017 and is willing to share? I know that Hyundai releases an update for all Canadian customers in 2017 but the link is not available anymore.
I would like too this file to install the applecar play to my girlfriend elantra SE 2017 that already has android auto

thanks everyone

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like too this file to install the applecar play to my girlfriend elantra SE 2017 that already has android auto

thanks everyone
Hope you will be able to see this message,

I contact Hyundai Canada beacause I had the same problem and they send my this like. I was able to update my car with a usb drive pretty easilly.

hyundai-gpsmap.ca/androidauto-carplay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hope you will be able to see this message,

I contact Hyundai Canada beacause I had the same problem and they send my this like. I was able to update my car with a usb drive pretty easilly.

hyundai-gpsmap.ca/androidauto-carplay
Hello ibico,

I tried the link you posted but it brings me to the GPS map update not the apple car play application download.

The car doesn't have the GPS and I'm glad the map update is 175 S US...

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just add the www before the link I was not able to insert a complete address for my first post
Sorry about that

The update is free

·
Registered
9 Posts
just tried it in the car and unfortunately it corrupted the radio... it has stuck on update process 1/3 and tried it 3 times and ended up with an update error message to contact hyundai customer support...

we will bring it to the dealer with the usb stick... lets hope it will work with both apple and android auto after.

many thanks for the link to get the update package.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello ibico,

update status, I downloaded the upgrade again on a new USB stick and got it complete the update and now the Apple car play is there and working fine.

I would be able to get this happening without your post I owe you a beer

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm so happy for you, I really freaked out with your previous message thinking that I broke your car somehow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was freaking out too... it wasn’t my car but my girlfriend’s car that she but 2 months ago...

for whoever try the update and ended with the following message

UPDATE UNSUCCESSFUL
Please Contact Customer Care
[email protected]

redownload the entire file with the software and try it on a different usb stick.

you can also press and hold for 45 sec the reset with a small pin located on the left side of the radio power button and then proceed with the update

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have elantra 2017, where can I download the file to upgrade the software when I enter to hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca the website dont work please help me and..bsorry for my bad english

Im from peru

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Brunods,

add www. to the following address hyundai-gpsmap.ca/androidauto-carplay this is where I got the applecar play application for my gf’s elantra 2017

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah that.s something I was affaird you'll get... unfortunately I cannot help you maybe someone else from your region could provide you a link.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Joined this board in 2017 with a new 2017 Limited, and a lot of questions from Canadians about Apple carplay not working.

Really not clear instructions on this subject, gathered with earlier versions, had to load the program on an SD card plugged into the radio. On the 2017, the radio had to be hardware compatible and the carplay app as it was called had to be loaded on your phone.

What Apple is doing different is a good question, wife has an Apple and it works with our US version Elantra as does the android as it is called, but the Apple never worked with Canadian cars.

Never had a problem in calling or texting an Apple phone with my android or vise-versa, with carplay need a USB connection, maybe apple left a wire off, who knows?

Canada also gets five free years of GPS updates, in the US we have to pay 220 bucks or 1,100 bucks plus tax to get the same thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, we’re in Canada and we’ve been told by the dealership that the first 6 month of the 2017 Elantra had only android auto factory... (that was our case)

Hyundai was giving for free the apple car play over a download a while ago but this link has been removed form a (standard web search) I tried contacting hyundai to get the link and they didn’t provided it... the answer was something like come back and check to see if the link gets back on our website.

The apple car play works on the 7 and 8 inches screen (I’ve been told) I updated with a USB stick

I ordered the applecar play for free with the link provided by ibico.... The car has now both application android auto and applecar play... I would guess android auto works fine cause we don’t have any android device.

The applecar play works perfectly as it should I compared with my jetta 2016 that has it by default.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah that.s something I was affaird you'll get... unfortunately I cannot help you maybe someone else from your region could provide you a link.
Hey vieuxschnock,

I was wondering if you could help me out. My girlfriend recently bought a used 2017 Elantra GLS that never had CarPlay installed on it.
I am trying to follow yours and ibico's instructions, but where do I actually find the downloadable software file?

I followed the link, input my model and VIN, made an account and checked out, but I cannot seem to find where the file is...
Could you please help me?

Much appreciated,
Daniel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey vieuxschnock,

I was wondering if you could help me out. My girlfriend recently bought a used 2017 Elantra GLS that never had CarPlay installed on it.
I am trying to follow yours and ibico's instructions, but where do I actually find the downloadable software file?

I followed the link, input my model and VIN, made an account and checked out, but I cannot seem to find where the file is...
Could you please help me?

Much appreciated,
Daniel
Hey dnemers,

Once you entered the year, model and VIN + selected the with or without navigation ... there is an order process to complete which is free without navigation and 50$ with navigation.

You’ll have to create yourself an account to their web site to process the checkout, once the order is completed look at your email on this account you just created and you’ll get a link to the software that will ask your order number.and will ask you to plug in a USB stick that can be erased and will start the download process of the update app.

The software will also unpack all files on your usb stick on its own.

Once completed, close the software and then remove the usb stick from your computer.

I would suggest you to startup your engine before running the installation because it takes a little while

When ready you connect the usb sitck to you usb car port and in your radio application you’ll find the update process somewhere in a menu (don’t remember exactly where)

Most important thing is do not interrupt the update process, do not stop # start the engine while processing, if it was on keep it running if it’s off keep it off.

If for whatever reason the update doesn’t process properly, restart the process at the USB stick creation on another usb stick just in case the one you used glitched out while processing first time.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
You need a display screen for car play to work and a cell phone with GPS capability that you have to pay extra for so called data. Key advantage of just using your cell phone is perhaps a larger screen, yes you have to have a radio with a large screen.

Google is major with cell phone GPS, they charge vendors if they want their stores or whatever listed. If you live in a more remote area like we do, not quite so busy many areas do not have cell phone coverage so carplay is worthless as is your phone.

When we hook up carplay, our radio does not work, but we can sing to replace that.
We also have GPS, stock and a Garmin, if you want full advantage of stock GPS have to lay out over 300 bucks a year for Blue Link to find store or other locations, ironically, gas stations are still working, not only for gas, but for a rest area, politically correct way for a rest room.

But if you have a wife with an Apple, even an android, can look up places to go while you are driving. Not a good time for you to use your phone and drive at the same time. My one year old grandson was almost killed by a person trying to do that while driving.

Can also pickup a portable GPS that not only shows the best routes, but zillion points of interest. Have a ten year old Garmin, newer ones as well, still getting free mapdates.

Crazy Hyundai wants 220 bucks for a map update and you have to learn how to do it yourself.

Or like the old days, ask a farmer for directions, drive a tad up ahead and make a left turn where the old school house use to be, can't miss it.

Some of my kids just had an ipad, would stop at a fast food for WiFi and kind of memorize their intended route.

One advantage of stock GPS, have that shark fin outdoor antenna to get the strongest signal, even our garage door opener works over a block away. Devices inside the vehicle have plenty of radio shielding metallic objects in the way to kill that signal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see the question has already been answered, 2017 elantras without carplay can be enabled with a SW update, this update is VIN specific and either other poster's link or Hyundai dealership can help you.

I'm suggesting an alternative that I was on aliexpress and currently they have a lot of specific elantra 2017+ parts for purchase including full display stereo with carplay/android/dvd systems. You might want to check those out.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts