Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
22,793 Posts
Interesting report. And Honda slipped down a notch. They could have researched our observations here on the forum We were discussing that long before this report was published. And Ford didn't make it in the Top 5? Where Quality is Job #1? They said it, I didn't. Quote Ford, not me! ;)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting report. And Honda slipped down a notch. They could have researched our observations here on the forum We were discussing that long before this report was published. And Ford didn't make it in the Top 5? Where Quality is Job #1? They said it, I didn't. Quote Ford, not me! ;)
Hi Rich, granted they are basing these stats on the issues being reported to them, but still it's probably a fair cross section. Plus there's a lot of of Hondas, Nissans, Hyundais, etc. out there to provide at least good general baseline.

I think for the MD's we'll have to see how these reports look next year and later - hopefully they will carry on the tradition of the HD ;)

I know we see reported issues of various kinds here on these forums, but in reality I think they are a relatively low percentage based on the number of actual vehicles out there (that's not discounting the negative impact on folks posting problems here, of course - it's frustrating no matter what having issues with a new car/dealership/manufacturer).

·
22,793 Posts
...(that's not discounting the negative impact on folks posting problems here, of course - it's frustrating no matter what having issues with a new car/dealership/manufacturer).
Well said, Don! Well said.

Maybe a little rattle under the dash is "No Biggie" to a service writer. But to the owner that's laying down hard-earned money each and every month, it signals the beginning of Armageddon!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I remember an interview of Hyundai's CEO about eight or so years ago when he said Hyundai's objective is to surpass Honda & Toyota in the quality & reliability indexes. If I remember correctly, he said they should meet that goal...around 2013 maybe? :clap:

I noticed on their third graphic that whoever did it was confused or half asleep since they succeeded in getting Honda & Hyundai confused with each other...several times:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts