Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2019 Sante Fe I did not realized that it did not come with cargo rails. I am looking for a universal brand that would fit my Sante Fe.

Or can the dealership install the rails that go along the top on the vehicle?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you find something universal, you are more likely to get whistling. You are prob better off getting OEM; but I would think this is a DIY, rather than pay the dealer's labor rates.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I bought my 2019 Sante Fe I did not realized that it did not come with cargo rails. I am looking for a universal brand that would fit my Sante Fe.

Or can the dealership install the rails that go along the top on the vehicle?
Pretty sure the OEM cargo rails are bolted on through the roof at the factory, before the headliner is installed (holes drilled before paint). It is not trivial to add them to a vehicle that didn't have them originally. If you are okay with that the OEM cargo rails are available for purchase at at least $300 plus required hardware, such as the under roof clamps, etc. (?$), and installation (good luck).

·
Registered
92 Posts
.........Pretty sure the OEM cargo rails are bolted on through the roof at the factory, before the headliner is installed (holes drilled before paint).
Seems some confusion for the OP - the rails or the cross members? Don't think you can get the rails easily, they sell them for $188 each but lots of work (as you said, close to "should have bough another trim").......cross members are $350 but are a fairly simple DIY.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pretty sure the OEM cargo rails are bolted on through the roof at the factory, before the headliner is installed (holes drilled before paint). It is not trivial to add them to a vehicle that didn't have them originally. If you are okay with that the OEM cargo rails are available for purchase at at least $300 plus required hardware, such as the under roof clamps, etc. (?$), and installation (good luck).
If OP is looking for "rails" rather than "crossbars", OP is better off with something that mounts to the rain gutters, like Thule.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If OP is looking for "rails" rather than "crossbars", OP is better off with something that mounts to the rain gutters, like Thule.
Have to agree - looked at them a bit this afternoon....the rails are pretty integrated into the roof (at least with a sunroof). Doesn't look like a diy operation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts