Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a cargo mat for the back that, when the 3rd row seats are folded flat, goes all the way back to the 2nd row seats??

TIA,
Petunia

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have this Husky Liners cargo liner (link) and like it. This Weathertech one (link) is also a good choice.
I wanted to ask for the Husky liners, is it a piece that just covers over the folded 3rd row seats and not behind the 3rd row seats? I have a OEM cargo liner that is just fitted behind the 3rd row seats, I'm looking for any easily removeable liner that just covers the folded 3rd row seat and not beyond that because it will overlap my rear cargo one.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have the This Weathertech tan.
I like that it sticks so well on the back of the 3rd row that I can pull the seats up and down and never worry about the liner. It does not obstruct the rear view when up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the This Weathertech tan.
I like that it sticks so well on the back of the 3rd row that I can pull the seats up and down and never worry about the liner. It does not obstruct the rear view when up.
How do access the 3rd row seat straps to pull the seats up if the liner is covering it? I assume you have to lift up the liner, also what if you only pull one side of the car 3rd seat up, does the liner stick on as well?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wanted to ask for the Husky liners, is it a piece that just covers over the folded 3rd row seats and not behind the 3rd row seats? I have a OEM cargo liner that is just fitted behind the 3rd row seats, I'm looking for any easily removeable liner that just covers the folded 3rd row seat and not beyond that because it will overlap my rear cargo one.
I'm not aware of any product that does that. With the third row seats folded down the Husky liner covers from the back of the second row seats to the rear hatch. I also have the OEM one and only use it in place of the Husky liner when the third row is not folded down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3rd Row

I'm not aware of any product that does that. With the third row seats folded down the Husky liner covers from the back of the second row seats to the rear hatch. I also have the OEM one and only use it in place of the Husky liner when the third row is not folded down.
I intend to leave my 3rd row seats permanently folded so I can have more storage space. I'll probably order the MacNeil cargo liner as I have used Weatherteach products before and found them to be first-rate.
Thanks for all the helpful comments!!
Petunia

·
Registered
756 Posts
How do access the 3rd row seat straps to pull the seats up if the liner is covering it? I assume you have to lift up the liner, also what if you only pull one side of the car 3rd seat up, does the liner stick on as well?
Correct, you need to lift up the liner and pull both straps equally. The liner sticks on as soon as you leave it. Just make sure the bottom part is stuck. No splitting in this case.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The cargo liner that is mentioned is the Hyundai Canada OEM version, it comes in two pieces that cover the rear cargo and one for the folded 3rd row, the 3rd row cover can fold up. It is probably the best fit and function, but I find the price for this one is on the high side. Following is a thread mentioned with pics on post #22.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/277-d...weather-rubber-floor-matts-cargo-liner-3.html
That's good info.
But I have had great success with Weathertech products and will probably go with that one since I don't ever see a need to use the 3rd row seats.
Petunia

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's good info.
But I have had great success with Weathertech products and will probably go with that one since I don't ever see a need to use the 3rd row seats.
Petunia
Agreed. I actually declined the hyundai premium floor liners in favor of the Weathertech ones. I wanted the Weathertech cargo liner too, but when we use the 3rd row, I have to take it completely out. With little children and aging parents, the third row can be used at any given time without notice then id have no where to put the liner, just didn't work for me. It could have all been solved if they just put a crease in the liner.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Agreed. I actually declined the hyundai premium floor liners in favor of the Weathertech ones. I wanted the Weathertech cargo liner too, but when we use the 3rd row, I have to take it completely out. With little children and aging parents, the third row can be used at any given time without notice then id have no where to put the liner, just didn't work for me. It could have all been solved if they just put a crease in the liner.
This is exactly why I love the Hyundai version cargo mat. Many times I have had to fold it up to get access to 3rd row, and it stores easily behind 3rd row. I had weathertech in my Highlander and although good quality, getting stuck somewhere with it in and having to use the 3rd row was a real PITA.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the Weathertech cargo mat. Perfect form, fit and function.

Only 1 minor negative. As others have mentioned, it is not good if you need to use the 3rd row on the fly. I initially resisted buying it for that reason, but in 8 months, it has been an issue only once or twice. I would not let that stop you, unless you anticipate constantly being "surprised" at having to flip up the 3rd row to accommodate a full load of passengers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the Weathertech cargo mat. Perfect form, fit and function.

Only 1 minor negative. As others have mentioned, it is not good if you need to use the 3rd row on the fly. I initially resisted buying it for that reason, but in 8 months, it has been an issue only once or twice. I would not let that stop you, unless you anticipate constantly being "surprised" at having to flip up the 3rd row to accommodate a full load of passengers.
Good point, but in my case, in my previous vehicle (a 2004 Tahoe) i removed the 3rd row seats entirely and sold them.
I don't foresee a need to ever use them in my Santa Fe.
Petunia

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a santa fe xl and was wondering about cargo liners. I do like the factory Hyundai one but the price is just more than I'd like to pay. I was wondering if this would fit?

Aries Automotive Interior

They have one for the santa fe sport. would it work in the XL?

·
Registered
230 Posts
No it won't. Your cargo area is larger. Don't cheap out, you didn't buying the xl. Just get a weathertech or the hyundai one, you won't regret it.

Further more go back to your salesman usually they'll get you a discount from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts