Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New GT owner (just about 24 hours now) and I'm already thinking about how to keep my baby looking new. I'm looking for a cargo liner and was wondering what your experiences were with either the OEM one or the WeatherTech liner. The + and - from what I can see:

OEM
+covers back of seats/cheaper (~$72 right now)
-moves around/cheap quality?

WeatherTech
+better quality?
-cost (~$109)/doesn't cover seatbacks

No more car seat tie-downs are needed, so at least that isn't an issue. If anyone has seen both side-by-side or has personal experience, I would appreciate the input! Thanks!

·
22,788 Posts
MD sedan owner, here, sir. But have the OEM trunk liner in the back. I've had zero issue with it. It is constructed of a fabric material on the top with a plasticized (rubbery?) underneath. I haven't spilled anything on it, so I can't give you a "cleaning" review. It's okay if you're just wanting to protect the base carpeting back there.

No doubt, the aftermarket ones will serve you better, and for a longer period of time. Auto Anything has a sale going on for the holidays. Use coupon code "Holiday20" to get a 20% discount on your order.

I just ordered the Aries 3D front and rear floor liners from them. Saved a bundle. Free shipping, too. They came highly recommended by a fellow forum member and I really liked what I saw when I researched them. They may have exactly what you're asking about.

to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Okie Rich! I tried to coupon code and it won't let me apply it to WeatherTech, so I'm guessing that's one of their "exclusions."

Thanks for the recommendation on the Aries 3D. I'll look into those as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not sure if this is the one you're referring to, but I've been very satisfied with this tray. My only issue is that occasionally after folding the seats down and loading stuff on top of it the method of attaching to the back of the seat (wedging under the lip of the fabric and some small Velcro tabs) doesn't stay secure. Other than that, very well built and IMO looks good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure if this is the one you're referring to, but I've been very satisfied with this tray. My only issue is that occasionally after folding the seats down and loading stuff on top of it the method of attaching to the back of the seat (wedging under the lip of the fabric and some small Velcro tabs) doesn't stay secure. Other than that, very well built and IMO looks good.
I just installed this the other day in my car, it's nice but I have to agree that the velcro tabs are basically worthless. I'm thinking about adding some more to make it actually stick to the seat like it's designed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just installed this the other day in my car, it's nice but I have to agree that the velcro tabs are basically worthless. I'm thinking about adding some more to make it actually stick to the seat like it's designed.
I also have the OEM liner and agree that the velcro tabs are very poorly designed. Mine doesn't stick to the seat backs very well at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I had read about the OEM liner's inability to stay put. I think I'll opt for the WeatherTech in the end since my GT will primarily be a commuter car and I don't anticipate hauling loads of manure! Besides, after spending 20K, what's another $109, right? Now, off to research more mods...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Octavian, you've pretty much read my mind. I knew from reading the forum that the KYBs would be needed even before I purchased... and the LEDs would just look so darn cool. Here's hoping they get cheaper now that they're standard on the '14s. Should be an easy swap.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Octavian, you've pretty much read my mind. I knew from reading the forum that the KYBs would be needed even before I purchased... and the LEDs would just look so darn cool. Here's hoping they get cheaper now that they're standard on the '14s. Should be an easy swap.
I live in a rural area with not the best roads and I don't have a problem with the suspension at all. Unless you plan on racing your car on a dirt track you should be OK with the OEM shocks. Drive the car for a while to be sure you really need to spend the bucks on shocks. :=)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts