Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 Ioniq Hybrid two weeks ago. Overall I am very pleased with the car, but I did not notice until after delivery that there is no cargo cover included with my SEL model. I called my salesman and asked him to order one. He mistakenly ordered a cargo tray instead. When parts called and told me it was in I corrected them and ordered the cover. While I was on the line he located one in Atlanta and said he could have it in 3 days. It came in on time, and I went to pick it up. When I went to install it on my car it was about 2" too short to span the width of the car. I returned it, and the parts clerk rechecked the part number. The only issue was that his book only listed a 2017 model, but we both suspect they are the same. I measured the width across the notches at about 43", but no one at Hyundai USA will measure one in stock to see if the one sent to me was mislabeled. I'll spare you the details, but the customer service rep just told me to call other dealers to see if they have the part! Does she even read my email? Would one of you please either measure the width of your cover, or if you own a 2017 confirm that the space for the cover is about 43"?Thank you so much for whatever help you can provide.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just measured our 2017 Ioniq SEL and from one indent to the other side it is 42 and 7/8 as close as I can measure I took our cover out and with the springs extended it measures 43 1/2 inches across - I am looking for the part number of the one I ordered on-line - cost only $120 plus $12 shipping Shipping Details
Shipping Method: Best Standard Delivery
Part Description Price Qty. Part No.: G2F15-AU000
CARGO SCREEN $120.00

www.hyundaipartsdeal.com

The site seems to be down at present but the part number is good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your response. The part number you provided is the one my dealer used, and the one Hyundai provides. Hyundai sent me an email today stating that a dealer in Ft. Walton has the part. I called him, and he said it was a part he had special ordered for a customer. I asked him to measure it, and he said it was about 41 1/4" , a size which would not fit your car or mine! I will contact the website you provided, and if they will measure it for me I will purchase it. Your response also confirms that the '17 and '18 models should accept the same part.o

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just called the second website you provided and he did not have one in stock. When I explained my issue with him he said in his book it said EV only! That must explain the problem, I bet they have a mixed inventory by the same part number.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I must have got very lucky - mine was right the first time - funny thing about it is that it was made in Romania of all places.

Hope you get one that fits - I do like having a cover over what is back there - in November when I traded our other vehicle in on a new Tucson - I made sure I did not leave the dealership without a cover - the dealer took one off another Tucson in the showroom.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was frankly a bit amazed, when the car was delivered, that a cargo area 'cover' is not INCLUDED.

am i the only one who thinks this is just lame 'nickel-and-diming' on Hyundai's part to charge extra for this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
They all do

All the car companies do that - I remember a Suzuki I had - a few years ago - had to buy the floor of the back area - everything was there for it but the stock car came with a cardboard tire cover - if you wanted the actual floor that was level with the back of the folded seats - it was $200 more.

If you buy the top-of-the-line - you get all that stuff. Kind of a way to make you wish you had spent more on the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Our Ioniq model IS supposedly the "top of the line"

I've never owned or leased a car that sold an accessory like this separately before.

My Saabs and Subarus (the hatches I"ve had) all included the luggage cover.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you purchased the Ioniq Limited with the top of the line package it would included a cargo cover. This is the $3000 package

Ultimate Package for Limited cost $3,000
Enjoy the added features Ioniq owners want most.
Automatic Emergency Braking
Smart Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assist
Headlights with Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
Rear parking sensors
Navigation system with 8-inch color touchscreen display
Infinity® Premium Audio with Clari-Fi™ Music Restoration Technology & 8 speakers
Wireless device charging
Complimentary Blue Link® Guidance Package for three years
Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat
Floor console-mounted rear vents
Cargo cover

That package is only available on the Limited model - I just checked the Subaru Outback - the cargo cover is part of the three top of the line models but not the bottom standard model - there it is an accessory just like the Hyundai.

Price for price the Hyundai gives you more than the Toyota or Subaru if you compare apples to apples - if you only buy what is on the lot you take a chance - I had to have the dealer find the car I wanted (with a cargo cover) and transfer it from another dealer - I don't know if all dealers will work with you like that but mine did. They actually had to purchase my Tucson from a dealer in another town and sell it to me. Sometimes they can swap.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If you purchased the Ioniq Limited with the top of the line package it would included a cargo cover. This is the $3000 package

Ultimate Package for Limited cost $3,000
Enjoy the added features Ioniq owners want most.
Automatic Emergency Braking
Smart Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assist
Headlights with Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
Rear parking sensors
Navigation system with 8-inch color touchscreen display
Infinity® Premium Audio with Clari-Fi™ Music Restoration Technology & 8 speakers
Wireless device charging
Complimentary Blue Link® Guidance Package for three years
Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat
Floor console-mounted rear vents
Cargo cover

That package is only available on the Limited model - I just checked the Subaru Outback - the cargo cover is part of the three top of the line models but not the bottom standard model - there it is an accessory just like the Hyundai.

Price for price the Hyundai gives you more than the Toyota or Subaru if you compare apples to apples - if you only buy what is on the lot you take a chance - I had to have the dealer find the car I wanted (with a cargo cover) and transfer it from another dealer - I don't know if all dealers will work with you like that but mine did. They actually had to purchase my Tucson from a dealer in another town and sell it to me. Sometimes they can swap.
Pretty much any dealer is going to try and find you the car you want -- particular if it gets you to buy the car from them.

If they have a car you want without a cargo cover, your best bet is to get them to include it in the sale and immediately order it (and hopefully you can get them to include it at their "cost" as part of the sale). I'd also recommend adding a spare tire kit for the Ioniq Hybrid, since those are not included on any trim.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If I had KNOWN it wasn't included in the Limited package, I probably could have bargained for it being added.
When I realized we didn't have it, we actually called the deer assuming it was just "accidentally" left at the dealer.

But I still think it's lame that it ISN'T included.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If I had KNOWN it wasn't included in the Limited package, I probably could have bargained for it being added.
When I realized we didn't have it, we actually called the deer assuming it was just "accidentally" left at the dealer.

But I still think it's lame that it ISN'T included.
Lame or not, unfortunately it is fairly common on hatchbacks, at least in my experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts