Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well Im not a photoshopper, but I was thinking about something like this:

Thing is that it should not look too aggressive or else it will look ricerish.... for the side vents that's subtle and will help with airflow... prolly will make some leads so that the air leads into and under the hood towards the CAI, for the top /raised hood it's purpose would be to release the heat.... but im not sure if the vents should be placed on the sides or place it frontwards like a ram air hood....

The center will NOT be raised like excessively huge, im thinking more like 1/4 or 1/2 an inch

Input would be appreciated guys

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've always been a fan of this style hood:

I was going to put it on my SRT10.
It would have looked similar to this:

·
Banned
358 Posts
Your initial design isn't that bad. I actually think that it's a good idea and good locations for the vents. It should allow the air to escape properly and also is in the right spots to hear the BOV better and the turbo better!

Try posting this up at turbosonata as well and see what those guys have to say about it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Your initial design isn't that bad. I actually think that it's a good idea and good locations for the vents. It should allow the air to escape properly and also is in the right spots to hear the BOV better and the turbo better!

Try posting this up at turbosonata as well and see what those guys have to say about it.
Thanks doe for the comment, im kinda tired of the Optima's getting all the good parts and would love for us to get more selection but it's hard since most people think the optima is better for modding and the sonata for cruising...

Initially I approached a carbon fiber manufacturer to make a diffuser for us, but he had a grander idea and suggested doing a whole package (hood, trunk with integrated tail and diffuser)

But before I end up having to spend all the money to get the mold done and be the only one with the parts I think it be better for everyone to be able to mod their YF's like the K5's.... so I went with the idea on how we can get a cfrp hood to look classy with our lines while maintaining functionality.... I figured since the hood from the fenders raises up atleast half an inch and the CAI is located in the back of the engine bay it be best to use that section to lead air to the CAI.... however, that is not nearly enough for all the heat buildup to escape since the engine bays of the YF have poor circulation... every time I open up the hood I feel it's like a sauna in there.... so that's why I figured a smallish type cowl/ bump in the hood with some vents on the side to lead heat buildup....

I think that it would look good and be functional like that....

In regards to posting in the turbosonata forums I would rather not, since A. I don't have a turbo and B. Im not trying to sell anything... rather fishing to see whether I am to waste over 1k on a CF hood mold that only I will have or kinda get a group together to make a small dep. on it so we can get them into production lol

btw. the yellow parts in the picture symbolize where the air would go/escape

·
Registered
687 Posts
What about a ram air design instead of just a vent? We do have that section that closes off when you shut the hood. Would be nice to force air through there.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I unno about the ram air design, was initially thinking about that but then came to the conclusion that it might just be useless....

But hey, this is your chance to poll up ideas on the design.... would be good to have a discussion where the vents should go, how the design should be....

How about like this?

The yellow symbolizes vent/airflow, orange *under the hood* pieces to lead the air, red where the changes in the original design would be

With this design the lines will not be compromised, will retain it's sleek classy style and be functional

1 - 11 of 11 Posts