Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrapped my console with CF vinyl. Did a custom trunk fabrication with my amps and sub. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Iphone so sorry for the multi post

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used ledGlow to light the plexiglass

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I want to do that!!
I have been looking at the Carbon Fiber Dash kits available on carid.com for a long time now I just haven't pulled the trigger.
Was this from a sheet of CF or a kit made to fit?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to do that!!
I have been looking at the Carbon Fiber Dash kits available on carid.com for a long time now I just haven't pulled the trigger.
Was this from a sheet of CF or a kit made to fit?
Big sheet I got from eBay for $20 and cut it as I went. Much cheaper than buying a kit

·
Registered
699 Posts
Very nice looking center console. Good job on your part. I know nothing about the sheets. Do they have material on the back that sticks the material in place like a dash kit when applied? If not, how do they stick in place?

Bob

·
Registered
127 Posts
did you take out the actual cupholders to wrap the vinyl around the contours of the cupholders?

also, you didn't vinyl wrap the rubbery, shallow compartments, so did you just trim carefully around those parts?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you take out the actual cupholders to wrap the vinyl around the contours of the cupholders?

also, you didn't vinyl wrap the rubbery, shallow compartments, so did you just trim carefully around those parts?
It was sticky on one side and I cut around the chrome buy the cups just free hand. It look fairly good but really close there is a few rough edges.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought the same material, but don't trust myself to do as nice a job as you did. I am waiting for my son to get back to town to have him help me.

The material is self adhesive, although there is an activator that you COULD use to help keep the edges down. However, that makes the installation 100% permanent, and doesn't seem to allow for errors to be fixed. I haven't decided to use the activator yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought the same material, but don't trust myself to do as nice a job as you did. I am waiting for my son to get back to town to have him help me.

The material is self adhesive, although there is an activator that you COULD use to help keep the edges down. However, that makes the installation 100% permanent, and doesn't seem to allow for errors to be fixed. I haven't decided to use the activator yet.
Yeah I don't know if the edges will peel with time but I might use some activator if that happens, I just used a fresh razor blade to make the cuts and took my time

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Just bought a 5x1 role. Now to find a good Exacto Knife. I will practice on this car and have it perfected for my new one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have been looking into doing the exact same thing to my center console. The top "matte" layer is wearing off on the passenger side and it pisses me off! I don't know what color I want to do for this (maybe gloss black?), but there are also so many nooks and crannies to go up and down into that it seems almost impossible to do it fully right.

Around the cupholders seems fine, but what about in all three of the bins? Especially the small one in the middle just in front of the cupholders? That seems to me like it would be impossible to get the wrap to conform to that area. I have also been thinking about plastidipping the center console too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been looking into doing the exact same thing to my center console. The top "matte" layer is wearing off on the passenger side and it pisses me off! I don't know what color I want to do for this (maybe gloss black?), but there are also so many nooks and crannies to go up and down into that it seems almost impossible to do it fully right.

Around the cupholders seems fine, but what about in all three of the bins? Especially the small one in the middle just in front of the cupholders? That seems to me like it would be impossible to get the wrap to conform to that area. I have also been thinking about plastidipping the center console too.
Yeah I didn't wrap the bins I cut it at the top and it looks good but not perfect

1 - 20 of 21 Posts