Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Santa Fe with AWD, automatic, and 3.5L engine. Saturday I went to get in and key wouldn't turn. Tried to mess with shifter and steering wheel but no go, Wife got it to turn after I went to work. Won't start. Waited for a new ignition lock cylinder then replaced today. Still won't start. There is no chip in the key as far as I know and the kill switch thing is still plugged in. Jumping does nothing. Doesn't even try to start or do anything when I turn the key all the way. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a 2003 Santa Fe with AWD, automatic, and 3.5L engine. Saturday I went to get in and key wouldn't turn. Tried to mess with shifter and steering wheel but no go, Wife got it to turn after I went to work. Won't start. Waited for a new ignition lock cylinder then replaced today. Still won't start. There is no chip in the key as far as I know and the kill switch thing is still plugged in. Jumping does nothing. Doesn't even try to start or do anything when I turn the key all the way. What am I missing here?
Try to start in P, and N, and see what happens. Are there any codes stored?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It definitely sounds like an immobilizer of some kind. I can't honestly tell you if the newer cars have them or not but that is exactly what it sounds like. If all else fails, try removing the positive battery cable for at least 5 minutes and try again. If this doesn't solve your problem it may be time to call a Hyundai service tech at your local dealership. Hope this helps! Try this and if the problems persist post it here and we will do our best.

·
Registered
66 Posts
does the engine turns? if it does not turn, check the ignition fusible link,the alt fusible link and the start relay. also check the parking and neutral switch. check the alarm system and its relay. battery and connections, starter. if it does turn, check for spark. if you have spark, check the fuse and the fuel pump relay. if you dont have spark check the crank sensor. those suckers give you misfires and seldom give you a check engine light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 06, Car won't start and there is a key symbol on the dashboard that won't go away. Alarm keeps going OFF as well. Any Advice??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts