Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,I’m new here but I recently just cleaned my fuel injectors on my 2013 Hyundai Elantra and I pulled the fuel pump fuse to drain the fuel then I proceeded to take everything apart to clean the injectors. After I got all of that done I put everything back together and made sure I’m everything was in it’s proper place,after all of that I tried to start my car and it wouldn’t start. It will turn over but won’t start. I can hear the fuel pump come on but it will not start. Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I attached a tire valve stem with cap and sprayed carburetor cleaner with a 9v battery activating the injector. Something a saw on YouTube.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Why would you want to do that when you can just put a can of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank?

Well, don't really know what the issue could be.
But, the obvious thought is that it was something you have done.
So, check by using starter fluid to see if it will start

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
You need to go back over your work because what you have done shouldn't create any problems. You may have left a vital part unplugged. Not knowing your location and the cars history you may have disturbed a corroded plug/socket. If you can check injector power and pulse a multimeter can do the job. Spark? probably going too far too soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I’ve gone over everything that I took off and made sure that I put everything back in order. I even sprayed starting fluid in the air intake and it still wouldn’t start. So I took the injectors out plugged them back in to watch as I turned the key to make sure they were spraying and as soon I turned the key the car turned on and the injectors were spraying so I put them back in and the car wouldn’t turn on again. I m sure it’s something simple but I just can’t seem to find out what it was. The fuel pump turns on when the key is turned,all fuses and relays are good and battery is good.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Okay, you have verified that the injectors are working and tried spraying starter fluid
This can only mean there is another issue
And it may not be with the fuel system???

Did you check for spark?
Are all the connectors back in where they belong?
Did you notice any connectors with bent pins?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts