Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For my 2006 Elantra GLS. Bought this with an aftermarket autostart. Sometimes I have to put it in Neutral to start. Then I can take key out and she still runs ( even turned to start ). If I hit the brake she shuts off. Only if I start her then shift into other gears, then hit the brake, she stays running. I need help. This car is going to Nebraska for my college daughter and I have 2 months to correct things.

Phil

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I would remove the aftermarket autostart. I bought a car with a "professionally installed" aftermarket anti-theft system that would periodically just shut the car down and lock. Bad wiring connections will turn these aftermarket remote start/anti theft/ etc things nuts.

The XD series (2001-2006) are fine cars, you have chosen well. But it sounds like either the auto-start system was not installed correctly or is defective, neither of which do you want with a daughter away at college.

Sent my daughter off to University of North Texas in a 2006 Elantra hatchback. Served her very well for the four years there and protected her in a violent rear end collision a year into medical school. Daughter is fine, Elantra not so much.

Find out when the timing belt was last changed. You don't want to go over 90K miles without that belt being replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you flemmons! That was exactly what it was. Oh well, my daughter can't autostart but she can start with the key! Very happy dad here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts