Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's car died the other day at a stop light, she was able to get it to start back up by holding the accelerator to the floor. The engine ran very rough, the engine light came on solid, she made the 2 mile drive home. When she pulled in the driveway I could smell raw fuel and of course the rotten egg smell from the exhaust. The engine was missing pretty bad, I hopped in and goosed the throttle and the car did smooth out and shortly after the engine light turned back off. I let it run for a little bit then went to the parts store to pull codes. The codes that I pulled were P0191 and a P0304, I didn't clear them knowing the dealer needed them to stay in place for diagnosis. Too it to the dealer today and was told there were no codes and they could not recreate the issue, frustrating very much. They did perform a T1h campaign and a moon roof deflector recall while it was there. I am worried to give the car back to my wife and tell her it's okay when I know it isn't.

Does anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
0191 is a crude fuel pressure sensor DTC at GDI injector rail..

Will need to verify running fuel pressure at GDI injector rail using GDS,, need to verify fuel pressure from the supply pump in fuel tank to GDI pump using fuel pressure gauge.

Be most helpful if your profile was complete to show in the box under username that we have a 2016 Sonata 1.6 or 2.0T or 2.4 (not call out in text of post),,,, and location so we know which market we working in..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Misfire 4,, yes,, but I would expect to see misfire on all 4 cylinder with not enough fuel to make proper fire in each cylinder

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help, being the car is under warranty I guess we wait until it faults again so the dealer can do something about it, the adviser did say that maybe the flash T1H might fix it but I don't think they are related.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks for your help, being the car is under warranty I guess we wait until it faults again so the dealer can do something about it, the adviser did say that maybe the flash T1H might fix it but I don't think they are related.

T1H is for Variable Charge Motor (intake runner flap operation),,, has nothing to do with actual GDI injection / fuel system pressure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts