Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got a 2006 Tucson with factory crossrails on the roof rack. We're looking at car top carriers, but getting mixed information about what the crossrails can handle. I'm betting the OEM crossrails will be just fine and the salespeople are just trying to get us to spend more, but wanted to get others opinions.

Right now we're looking at something like the giant X-Cargo Sport 20, but not yet sure if that's going to be too huge. What have other people gotten mounted to their Tucson, especially on OEM crossrails?

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (Zorf @ Jun 10 2010, 12:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331553
We've got a 2006 Tucson with factory crossrails on the roof rack. We're looking at car top carriers, but getting mixed information about what the crossrails can handle. I'm betting the OEM crossrails will be just fine and the salespeople are just trying to get us to spend more, but wanted to get others opinions.

Right now we're looking at something like the giant X-Cargo Sport 20, but not yet sure if that's going to be too huge. What have other people gotten mounted to their Tucson, especially on OEM crossrails?
The factory cross rails are rated to 165 lbs, evenly distributed (I think). I have a Sportrack 13 cubic foot carrier that I have loaded up fairly well in the past and never had any concern. The one you are looking at is quite a bit larger, but the rated capacity of 100lbs should be fine on the factory rails.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts