Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? I'm new here. I just picked up my '11 Sonata Limited today and along with the deal I got, the dealer was having a special that includes a free car starter. I have not gotten it installed yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has any input on how it works, good or bad? I'm new to the push button start and I wonder if that will start problems with the remote starter.

If anyone knows, please respond asap. Thank you.

Can't wait to take this on a trip and see how the gas mileage is compared to the Grand Cherokee I traded in.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If they dealer is providing the Hyundai unit it will just plug and play and work perfectly fine. From what I hear you will get a seperate fob for the remote start so you will end up with 2 fobs total. (1 for starter and the smart key). Range I heard was 1000 or 2000 feet, so not the most advance unit but will be fine for most people.

I went with a aftermarket unit with a 5000 feet range and it intetgrated into the car nicely. 1 fob for starter and one for smart key still. From what I noticed with mine is when you remote start it, the remote start totally overrides the proximitry setup, meaning the little button on the door doesn't work at all. Once I shut down the car it gives control back to the proximitry setup. Not sure if the factory one will have the same problem or not though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not going to be a dealer installed starter. Theyre giving me a gift certificate for a local installer. Just nervous if this will affect my warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts