Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. My 2012 Elantra GLS has been a great car with very little problems for me. The other day, (hot spell here in Canada 34C) I noticed that the A/C didn't seem to be working. So I was parked waiting for something and while running the car, I turned off the fan and a/c and the car stalled. This has never happened before. I tried that 3 or 4 times, and it kept stalling. I turned off the car for about 15min, and then started it up again and the a/c was working again. Is this a sign of the compressor seizing for a short time? Or any one experienced this themselves?
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
definitely a strange issue, I suppose it could be the clutch on the compressor is not disengaging which could cause the belt to bind up and cause it to stall as the compressor shuts off...
Watch your compressor clutch and see what happens when you turn the AC on and off.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It could be an electrical gremlin. I'd monitor batt voltage while going through the changes.
Should maintain 12.5-14.5V

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hi Everyone. My 2012 Elantra GLS has been a great car with very little problems for me. The other day, (hot spell here in Canada 34C) I noticed that the A/C didn't seem to be working. So I was parked waiting for something and while running the car, I turned off the fan and a/c and the car stalled. This has never happened before. I tried that 3 or 4 times, and it kept stalling. I turned off the car for about 15min, and then started it up again and the a/c was working again. Is this a sign of the compressor seizing for a short time? Or any one experienced this themselves?
Thanks,
Jason
What did you try 3-4 times? Starting it?

When you say it stalled, do you mean that it started up and was running and then stalled? Need a few more details to help figure out the problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes tried restarting it 3-4 times which it started normal with no hesitation. It was only when I turned the a/c off the car would completely stall and then I restarted it. That was during the time that I did not have any cool air coming out. Presently it is back to normal. I am going to check the battery standing and under starting load to make sure it isn't battery related but I am wondering if it had something to do with the compressor or the clutch that would maybe cause the belt to stop thus stalling the car. I do not have allot of knowledge of the a/c system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts