Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope I am posting in the correct forum. My wife drives a 2005 Hyundai Tucson 4cyl. She has been noticing that her car begins to stall when she turns on the AC. She will also experience a sudden power loss while AC is running and she is driving down the road. With the AC off the car runs great and no noticeable issues. Things I have checked.
1) battery and alternator have both been tested and no issues.
2) I scanned for engine codes and found code P0301 misfire detected in cylinder 1
Could the P0301 be the issue?
What are your thoughts. AC does blows cold.
When I was running tests I put it in neutral and held the RPMs at 2,500 than kicked on the AC. The RPMs dropped to around 600 than slowly started increasing. Maintaining the RPMs I turned the AC off and RPMs immediately went up.
Excessive power draw or failing sensor perhaps? Not sure what to check next. I will be replacing the spark plugs and wires as I know it is due however I’m not sure that is the cause of the AC issue. Thank you all for your advice on this.

· Registered
2 Posts
Did you even discover the problem for this. I am experiencing the exact same issue and Hyundai could not diagnose the problem. They tried to blame me for ill maintenance of the vehicle and this is not the case.

· Registered
2005 D4EA AWD Tucson JM with limited slip diffs. 400 000km/250 000miles and going.
31 Posts
I have seen that on one Volvo, that AC gas dryer/drier (what is proper english word for it?) was blocked, and R134a gas wasnt able to go thru it, AC compressor loaded engine and it stalled.

Second case was when AC compressor got stuck on my parents Subaru, electric clucth on its pulley did engage, and compressor didnt spin -> car tried to stall, after couple times, clutch did fail.

You guys have car AC shops in states, ones wich only do AC repairs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts