Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I car pool to work, so my 2016 accent SE sits for one week at a time every other week.

My drive way has a slight incline and sometimes if I leave the emergency brake on for the entire week it is slightly locked up when I go to move it (probably rusting a bit from the rain).

What is the best practise when parking for a week at a time? E-brake on or off?
and is it ok to leave it for a week or should I move it/drive around the block after a couple days.

I think my rear rotors are suffering from rusting in the rain and not being driven every week.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I leave my accent at the airport for two weeks every month. I never pull the e-brake and always leave in 1st gear.
Even still when I pull away I can detect a bit of brake 'stick'.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Parking on a slight incline with an automatic transmission shouldn't be a problem
No e-brake needed.
However, cars are made to be used
Meaning is the engine needs to be started once every third days at least
Also, the brakes need to be used to keep rust from building up
If you can't do that then the car should be left inside a climate controlled (heated) garage

Can't always do what is needed
Wish you luck

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've been taking my 2012 off the road every winter since I got it new six years ago. It sits in my garage from late November to early April. (A little over 5 months).

I don't do anything special. I just park it in a corner of the garage where it's out of the way and leave it there. My garage floor is flat, I just put the car in park.

When spring comes around, I jump in, turn the key and away I go. I've never had any problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I think I have my answer. I’ll just start moving it/driving around the block more often. And maybe see if I can get it in my garage if I’m going to let it sit.

Appreciate the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts