Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
My Atos was running fine and never had any problems with starting, but after disconnecting the battery and leaving the car parked without use for 6+ months, I cannot start it again. I've fully charged the battery. It cranks fine and strongly and if I throw some flammables into the TBI the motor shows signs of wanting to start. Given that, I'm very suspicious fuel is not coming at all, and it might be the fuel pump. Note: fuel tank is full to the top with brand new gasoline. I've read every other topic here about failures in starting and yet...

My main question is: why does leaving the car still would result in any damage to it?

Attached is a picture of me sitting in the car trying to figure out the problem. Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Rather than banging your head on the steering wheel try banging the gas tank with a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
If the fuel pump is having a problem you can sometimes get it to work by vibrations (hitting the tank).
I would first verify the pump has B+ and ground.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For what is worth, for future reference: the problem was solved by taking it to a mechanic and replacing the fuel pump. Additionally, the fuel filter and some lines were replaced and fixed - one of the hoses right outside the fuel filter was in a very acute angle and probably forced the pump to work extra hard, causing it to fail.

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,451 Posts
Was going to suggest being in a quiet place to turn key to the on position
and listen for the fuel pump to prime the fuel rail (only on for a second or two)
Or if it is a push to start button then try to listen for fuel pump

Thanks for the update.
Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts