Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jul 7 2010, 10:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339491
Is this a 1 man campaign or something?

Over the years, I've had my various cars pull to 1 side maybe 3-4 times. It was always the tires.
Have you checked for bubbles and slipped belts?
if the previous gen sonatas didn't pull I can completely understand why. From what I noticed, the 2006-2010 Sonatas came from the factory with Michelin Primacy's...this tire while ridiculously expensive, is an amazing tire in all weather conditions. I have htem on my legend and love them, besides the harshness over uneven roads.

I am willing to bet its hyundai cheaping out on the tirefront. my 18" hankooks are disgusting tires. I am willing to bet the Kumho's on the 16's and 17's suck just as bad.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jul 7 2010, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339533
I bet you're right.

I wonder if even the best Hankook's and Kuhmo's are used. Their premium tires are supposed to be pretty decent.
i think the underlying problem is, the rubber that is used. Most tire shops that I've gone to tell me a couple of things:

1) 80% of tires sold today come out of round by default (but the tolerances usually are so low they are un-noticeable to the normal human)
2) usually the lower end brands (hankook, kumho, nankang, falken, nitto, fuzion, etc..) are the worst. (basically stay away from tires made in third world countries and/or korea, thailand, malaysia, etc)
3) tires made in the USA or japan (michelin, goodyear, yokohama, dunlop, continental, bridgestone, etc) have a high tendency to come perfect or as close to it)

I've learned all this when I went thru 4 sets of tires for one of my legends. Trust me on this one....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.