Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your car is pulling to the left the dealership did not fix your issue, please call (800) 633-5151 Hyundai consumer affairs. So we can get a recall for everyone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (keeyu @ Jul 7 2010, 09:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339469
If your car is pulling to the left the dealership did not fix your issue, please call (800) 633-5151 Hyundai consumer affairs. So we can get a recall for everyone.
Please call NHTSA 1-888-327-4236 and file a complaint. We need a recall so they will fix our issue.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (keeyu @ Jul 7 2010, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339475
Please call NHTSA 1-888-327-4236 and file a complaint. We need a recall so they will fix our issue.
Is this a 1 man campaign or something?

Over the years, I've had my various cars pull to 1 side maybe 3-4 times. It was always the tires.
Have you checked for bubbles and slipped belts?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jul 7 2010, 10:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339491
Is this a 1 man campaign or something?

Over the years, I've had my various cars pull to 1 side maybe 3-4 times. It was always the tires.
Have you checked for bubbles and slipped belts?
if the previous gen sonatas didn't pull I can completely understand why. From what I noticed, the 2006-2010 Sonatas came from the factory with Michelin Primacy's...this tire while ridiculously expensive, is an amazing tire in all weather conditions. I have htem on my legend and love them, besides the harshness over uneven roads.

I am willing to bet its hyundai cheaping out on the tirefront. my 18" hankooks are disgusting tires. I am willing to bet the Kumho's on the 16's and 17's suck just as bad.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did I miss a post or topic along the way? This is the first I'm hearing of this issue.

·
Registered
717 Posts
No pulling here. I stated before when it does pull it is usually from the ruts in the highway. Wider wheels with low profile tend to move more with the road.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 7 2010, 09:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339495
if the previous gen sonatas didn't pull I can completely understand why. From what I noticed, the 2006-2010 Sonatas came from the factory with Michelin Primacy's...this tire while ridiculously expensive, is an amazing tire in all weather conditions. I have htem on my legend and love them, besides the harshness over uneven roads.

I am willing to bet its hyundai cheaping out on the tirefront. my 18" hankooks are disgusting tires. I am willing to bet the Kumho's on the 16's and 17's suck just as bad.
I bet you're right.

I wonder if even the best Hankook's and Kuhmo's are used. Their premium tires are supposed to be pretty decent.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (bobad @ Jul 7 2010, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339533
I bet you're right.

I wonder if even the best Hankook's and Kuhmo's are used. Their premium tires are supposed to be pretty decent.
i think the underlying problem is, the rubber that is used. Most tire shops that I've gone to tell me a couple of things:

1) 80% of tires sold today come out of round by default (but the tolerances usually are so low they are un-noticeable to the normal human)
2) usually the lower end brands (hankook, kumho, nankang, falken, nitto, fuzion, etc..) are the worst. (basically stay away from tires made in third world countries and/or korea, thailand, malaysia, etc)
3) tires made in the USA or japan (michelin, goodyear, yokohama, dunlop, continental, bridgestone, etc) have a high tendency to come perfect or as close to it)

I've learned all this when I went thru 4 sets of tires for one of my legends. Trust me on this one....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Keeyu- Can you elaborate here? What is your problem? What did they supposedly "fix"?

My left pull was made much better by balancing the air pressure, but I still have some pull to the left. Im curious if Hyundai mentioned something specific to you about this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine pulled to the left when I got it, the dealer rotated the tires and it pretty much went away. Now that I have 7000 miles on the tires it seems to be fine. I have 17 Kuhmos.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought people had an alignment issue or a power steering. My car pulls to the left at high speeds (65+). I noticed it when i got the car, and the dealership is not able to fix the issue. Please look at older post for reference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i just noticed that there are several threads here regarding this pull to the left. I just posted on the other one the following:

I have had my 2011 SE for 3 days now and i have also noticed that it veers slightly to the left at highway speeds when I let go of the wheel. First chance i get i will check the PSI in the tires to make sure that's not the problem. I am worried though, given multiple reports of this problem by other owners. see also the following threads on this issue:

*** http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8267

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...47906&st=20

And also this article that noted a steering problem:

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/sonata/2...rison-test.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (calguy @ Jul 8 2010, 01:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339724
i just noticed that there are several threads here regarding this pull to the left. I just posted on the other one the following:

I have had my 2011 SE for 3 days now and i have also noticed that it veers slightly to the left at highway speeds when I let go of the wheel. First chance i get i will check the PSI in the tires to make sure that's not the problem. I am worried though, given multiple reports of this problem by other owners. see also the following threads on this issue:

*** http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8267

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...47906&st=20

And also this article that noted a steering problem:

http://www.insideline.com/hyundai/sonata/2...rison-test.html
Have you filed a report with the NHTSA and Hyundai? We need to raise our voices before it is too late. (hint: Toyota)

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (keeyu @ Jul 9 2010, 11:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340268
Have you filed a report with the NHTSA and Hyundai? We need to raise our voices before it is too late. (hint: Toyota)
if problem not resolved with equalizing tire pressures at proper setting, my next step will be to take it to the dealer. if they can't fix it, will escalate as necessary

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (calguy @ Jul 9 2010, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340278
if problem not resolved with equalizing tire pressures at proper setting, my next step will be to take it to the dealer. if they can't fix it, will escalate as necessary
I already went to the dealership. If I needed an alignment, a dealership said I would be responsible for the cost. This is outrages considering my car only has 2700 miles.

·
Registered
533 Posts
QUOTE (keeyu @ Jul 9 2010, 02:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340282
I already went to the dealership. If I needed an alignment, a dealership said I would be responsible for the cost. This is outrages considering my car only has 2700 miles.
I'm sorry, you went to the dealership and complained about the car pulling to the left is that correct? Was the mechanic able to reproduce the issue? If yes, then there should be some mechanical reason for the problem or the tires may be bad, in which case the tire warranty would prevail. Just my two cents.

Under no circumstances if they can't prove that this was something you might have inadvertently done should you be responsible for this repair. Obviously, you need to document everything and escalate this issue within the dealership at first, then on to the Hyundai regional office and then to an attorney or arbitrator to get your issue resolved. It is a slow process but can be done! Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts