Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have the capability of finding a specific santy? i've an order in for a new 2010 limited, but the dealer hasn't been very assertive in trying to find my ride... :-/

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (sregis @ Jun 28 2010, 09:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336777
anybody have the capability of finding a specific santy? i've an order in for a new 2010 limited, but the dealer hasn't been very assertive in trying to find my ride... :-/
There's a whole thread around here somewhere (not that old) from a guy in NJ entitled something like "Where's my Car?" who went through the same experience.

I'm going to assume you've made the seriousness of your intentions clear to the dealer.

The rule of thumb is that your dealer should at least put out a 500 mile radius search for the specs you've requested to see if he can find one at another dealer .. even if he only prefers to work with certain dealers who don't have what you requested. If the dealer you visited won't help, move on down the road to find one that will. You're making a large investment and the dealer stands to make a decent profit even if the inventory doesn't come from his lot. If he's not that hungry, he's probably not worth working with - you'll just be another rube in the market for a car.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Hop on cars.com and do a new car search for 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. When the results pop up, a menu to the left will let you whiddle your choices down to trim, color, and even drivetrain. It's a great tool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. the bad news? there are currently only 6 fwd limiteds w/in 200 miles of my dealer- none my color-combination. wtf?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (sregis @ Jun 30 2010, 09:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337462
does open things up a bit, but not interested in the feature or extra cost.
Understood. With the rather "generic" location of "usa" in your profile, didn't know if it might be worthwhile or not.

All we can suggest is to keep trying the web site and to keep badgering the local dealer on your behalf. It's a darned shame that Hyundai won't take factory orders to spec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (canderson @ Jun 30 2010, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337550
Understood. With the rather "generic" location of "usa" in your profile, didn't know if it might be worthwhile or not.

All we can suggest is to keep trying the web site and to keep badgering the local dealer on your behalf. It's a darned shame that Hyundai won't take factory orders to spec.
indeed. and i'm quickly concluding that most limited buyers are also awd-buyers. i have to wonder what happens if the car simply doesn't show up on the east coast (i'm in jersey) for a very long time...i'd hate to have to compromise what i want out of my ride.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (sregis @ Jun 30 2010, 02:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337556
indeed. and i'm quickly concluding that most limited buyers are also awd-buyers. i have to wonder what happens if the car simply doesn't show up on the east coast (i'm in jersey) for a very long time...i'd hate to have to compromise what i want out of my ride.
Hey, there's always an option if you're willing to look coast to coast. ROAD TRIP!

Actually had to do this to pick up the specific mini-van that my wife needed last year. 700 miles was outside the area the dealer was willing to pick up, so what the heck. It was fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i fear my sales-guy is going to try to squeeze me for the more plentiful AWD's...but i'm not paying a penny more!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (sregis @ Jul 1 2010, 09:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337821
i fear my sales-guy is going to try to squeeze me for the more plentiful AWD's...but i'm not paying a penny more!
Hang tough. It looks like the premium for AWD at the moment is around $1541 invoice.

$26844 invoice for the base FWD Ltd, $28425 for the base AWD Ltd.

If you could split the difference on the $1541, you might find you've improved your resale value by $1500.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My local dealer has three Limited FWDs right now....what are you looking for?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
seeking a pacific blue pearl (w/ either leather) or radiant silver w/ black leather...but i'm in jersey!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (canderson @ Jul 1 2010, 12:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337847
Hang tough. It looks like the premium for AWD at the moment is around $1541 invoice.

$26844 invoice for the base FWD Ltd, $28425 for the base AWD Ltd.

If you could split the difference on the $1541, you might find you've improved your resale value by $1500.
interesting thought, but still above my current budget (the wife will kill!) and i really don't need an AWD.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (sregis @ Jul 1 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337978
seeking a pacific blue pearl (w/ either leather) or radiant silver w/ black leather...but i'm in jersey!!
My local dealer just had a pacific blue with black and no navigation but it sold pretty quickly. Dealers can do trades with each other, even cross-country trades. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you and can provide the VIN of a prospective match if you like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jul 1 2010, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338053
My local dealer just had a pacific blue with black and no navigation but it sold pretty quickly. Dealers can do trades with each other, even cross-country trades. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you and can provide the VIN of a prospective match if you like.
thanks for that offer, but my dealer has made it pretty clear they won't trade or buy vehicles more than 100 miles away.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (sregis @ Jul 1 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338080
thanks for that offer, but my dealer has made it pretty clear they won't trade or buy vehicles more than 100 miles away.
Given the inventory situation, that's pretty lame. Heck, that's pretty lame to start with. Doesn't sound like he's very anxious to get your business. Might be worth your time to boogy on down the road to the next one to see if they're more willing to please.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (canderson @ Jul 1 2010, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338138
Given the inventory situation, that's pretty lame. Heck, that's pretty lame to start with. Doesn't sound like he's very anxious to get your business. Might be worth your time to boogy on down the road to the next one to see if they're more willing to please.
Definitely. A dealer that really wants your business will do what it takes so I think he's not too enthused to sell you a car. Go elsewhere.

·
1,914 Posts
sregis,

I work at Mccafferty in Langhorne (not in sales) and I checked our inventory as well as Conicelli's, Northeast's, Sussman's, Hyundai City, and Fred Beans. Not only does no one have what you want, but they barely have any Limited's. I'll keep my eye out for you.

What dealer are you dealing with?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338165
sregis,

I work at Mccafferty in Langhorne (not in sales) and I checked our inventory as well as Conicelli's, Northeast's, Sussman's, Hyundai City, and Fred Beans. Not only does no one have what you want, but they barely have any Limited's. I'll keep my eye out for you.

What dealer are you dealing with?
it's pretty remarkable how rare these damned things are! i'm w/ hudson hyundai in jc...when i originally took a test drive of the ltd, it was their only one in stock! thanks for keeping an eye out. cars.com works pretty well in this regard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts