Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my H&R lowering springs a week ago now and i realised the height on the right side of the car is higher than the left side of the car. Ive installed the springs the correct way round and made sure all the bolts were tight before jacking the car down on the lift. What could be the problem? Maybe its something to do with the rear right corner of the vehicle? Like the sway bar? Any help would be appreciated. Need all 4 corners to be the same! Its annoying how it sits right now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry to hijack but did you install the springs yourself? I'm about to do mine and wondering how hard it is

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The springs and shocks may have not settled yetto the new height but then on the other hand, are the shocks fine?
Hmmm its weird tho cuz the right side of the car sits perfect and the left side is kinda high, im gonna check on the rear, i know the front is fine as its easy to do the front installation and fitting. The shocks are absolutely fine too. It was all the same height before installing the H&R springs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hijack but did you install the springs yourself? I'm about to do mine and wondering how hard it is
Hey bro, yeah i installed them myself. Yes it will take a long time to install them as you have to remove quite a few bolts on the rear arms. Gotta remove the bolts at the bottom of the rear shocks, then the sway bar link, sway bar bolts, arm bolts where it attached to the bottom of the brake disc area and many more to follow. The fronts are very easy to do. I wish i took pics of the whole installation to show the ones who are doing them first time but i will take them anyway for those who need help :) Lemme kno if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks, and let your car settle for a couple days before you get worried about the height

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a helpful link for installing springs. This is step-by-step with pictures of the complete install front and back.

[DIY] : Lowering springs intallation

Bob
I was JUST reading that before seeing your comment lol, i think my rear springs are not sitting on the suspension control arms base properly, will check that out tomorrow and let y'all know! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have this exact same problem with my car. i installed Eibach springs on my 18" wheels and didn't really notice much height difference between the left/right sides, but then i got some 19" wheels and it's now a glaring annoyance everytime i walk out to my car. the rear passenger side is a good HALF INCH higher.

i've been meaning to to put my car back up on jack stands and inspecting the springs and other suspension components. i originally thought maybe the springs didn't settle evenly (left side is lower because of driver weight), but it shouldn't be that huge of a difference.

keep us updated on future findings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts