Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to replace the plugs, wires, and coil pack on my Accent and everything has been running just fine. No start-up problems or delayed start problems. I went out and parked and left the car off for about 2-3 hours and I come back out to find the car won't start.

I tried jumping it, but it doesn't help at all. It doesn't even crank. The lights won't turn on, no electricity works except sometimes when I tried starting it the power would flash and all dash lights would come on for a fraction of a second, but not long enough for engine to crank. I have a security LED that flashes on the dash and that still works, so I know the battery is connected and it wouldn't just quit on me without any previous problems or signs of being low. Don't think it's the starter, obviously.

I left it in the parking lot and didn't have my tools on me, so I wasn't able to take a volt reading from the battery.

Could this be an ECU or relay problem?

·
Registered
669 Posts
There is only the starter relay in the circuit; the ECU is not involved in cranking.

Your voltmeter will tell the tale. Either battery internal fault or bad cable/connector likely.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had the battery tested and everything was fine. Connected it back up and the car started just fine. Definitely a connection issue somewhere along the lines. Must have pinched them in the right place at the right time. That means I'm not going to touch it until it quits on me again for some odd reason, which is about once every thousand miles.

Thanks until then.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
given that the only item changed between not working and now working is the battery....your problem may be there. could be one of the cables starting to get a break in it, battery terminal coming disconnected inside, or even you forgot to tighten down a clamp ;)

i know i've forgotten many connectors after finishing a job. its rather comical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts