Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 elantra where do I run my power wire from my battery for my amp I cant seem to find a spot in my fire wall or anywhere?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I have a 2008 elantra where do I run my power wire from my battery for my amp I cant seem to find a spot in my fire wall or anywhere?
Run it from the interior fuse box.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Run it from the interior fuse box.

The amp power wire? What??? No!

Maybe the remote turn-on tapped into an ignition source, but NOT the amp's power wire...

Best bet is to make your own hole and use a grommet. There's unfortunately not a lot of room on these cars to properly run an amp power wire. Almost like Hyundai never expected anyone to ever modify these cars :p

I punched through on the driver's side to keep it near the battery, I'd like to say around where a manual clutch pedal would be were the car a manual, but in all honesty it's been SO long since I put the system in our 2010 I really don't remember... I'v probably installed a dozen systems since then...

Going to have a tough time routing anything larger than 4 gauge in the car, but in reality anything pulling more amps than 4 gauge can supply is going to start causing charging issues with a stock alternator, so if you're trying to go big then keep that in mind... The 4 gauge run in ours is tapped right into an Optima yellow top I installed, only just recently did the big-3 under the hood (after the picture below...), only pushing a JL Audio 500w and a pair of 10's, and it's still enough to slightly dim the lights if you crank it. Not much, but you can see it...

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
The amp power wire? What??? No!

Maybe the remote turn-on tapped into an ignition source, but NOT the amp's power wire...

Best bet is to make your own hole and use a grommet. There's unfortunately not a lot of room on these cars to properly run an amp power wire. Almost like Hyundai never expected anyone to ever modify these cars :p

I punched through on the driver's side to keep it near the battery, I'd like to say around where a manual clutch pedal would be were the car a manual, but in all honesty it's been SO long since I put the system in our 2010 I really don't remember... I'v probably installed a dozen systems since then...

Going to have a tough time routing anything larger than 4 gauge in the car, but in reality anything pulling more amps than 4 gauge can supply is going to start causing charging issues with a stock alternator, so if you're trying to go big then keep that in mind... The 4 gauge run in ours is tapped right into an Optima yellow top I installed, only just recently did the big-3 under the hood (after the picture below...), only pushing a JL Audio 500w and a pair of 10's, and it's still enough to slightly dim the lights if you crank it. Not much, but you can see it...

Didn't realize you were trying to power a system that could fill an 20,000 seat auditorium. You'll ruin your hearing before the vehicle goes another 40K miles.
BTW your alternator will be having problems on a regular basis. Won't even be able to keep the battery charged especially at night. You'll need to turn it off every other song for 10 minutes just to keep the system at the proper voltage.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I just realized I answered the other guys post. How many amps will your amp be pulling?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Didn't realize you were trying to power a system that could fill an 20,000 seat auditorium. You'll ruin your hearing before the vehicle goes another 40K miles.
BTW your alternator will be having problems on a regular basis. Won't even be able to keep the battery charged especially at night. You'll need to turn it off every other song for 10 minutes just to keep the system at the proper voltage.

Been running just fine for the last 60k with the setup tyvm :D no alternator issues, although I've had to replace the battery just once in the last 6 years so yeah there's that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts