Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a community with a posted speed limit of 15 mph. I travel a full minute at 15 mph before I exit the community to a city street. My 2013 Accent Hatchback won't "glide" along at 15 mph. It jerks and surges and races and slows down. I've tried using the manual option and keeping it in 1st gear however, when I reach the 1st gear tachometer limit at 15 mph the car "stalls" and the tachometer needle drops out and the car slows to 5 mph. Any ideas?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll try driving 15mph to see if I can recreate it. It doesn't sound like anything I've experienced. Are you using ECO mode (the ECO button to the left side of the dash)?

I'm not far from you. We could meet and ride along in each others' cars to see if there's a difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
15 mph is a weird spot for your transmission. I know this from driving a manual. Its a bit too high for first gear, but 2nd gear thinks its too low. So you tend to either go faster or just keep in first gear the whole way. If you are comfortable doing this, I would say switch over to the 'sport' side and just keep it in first or 2nd gear and see if it is smoother. Since you can just pull it back over to drive, this could be a solution.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine does the same thing. are neighborhood speed is 20mph. if u left off the gas just a hair to keep it at 20 the car will downshift (noticeably so) and start to slow down. give it a little gas and its over 20. so basically i drive 25 through the neighborhood, does fine there.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Let me guess, its a 1.6 GDi ?
Did you ever solve this issue?
That was his 1st and only post...he may not be with us any longer! :blownose:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
That did cross my mind, but maybe there email is still active and receive an alert of the new post. :)
Or he's from a retirement community...and "really" isn't with us! 0:)

Reactions: hypov8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts