Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 SANTA FE CDX TD thats had intermitent starting problems for a while now , battery is fine and is turning over but wont start ,had break down guys out twice and they got it going by disconnecting battery and reseting immobiliser but now it wont start after trying battery trick . the orange light on dash showing car with key flashes on and off when trying to start it. ive tried locking unlocking doors and then starting then tried using fob to unlock and lock doors but nothing works . the mechanic also hooked up scanner and it showed that engine was immobilised, ive also heard that i can reset immobilser another way but would appreciate some help , cheers:):)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732:

Sounds like an issue with your key telling the car that it has authorization to make it start. Or possibly the immobilizer itself is to blame but you can't just "turn it off" as this would defeat the purpose of having it and make it easier for thieves to steal your car.

Did the mechanic (a Hyundai tech?) give any reason as to why the immobilizer was enabled? There has to be a way to fix it without having to jumping through hoops with the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, by saying i cant switch off immobiliser i mean disarming with key so i can get car started and get it to dealer for fixing. The mobile mechanic who came hooked up the scanner to ob2 port and tried starting several times and he said scanner told him engine was immobilised but didnt give reason im afraid. we have recently had problems with the remote fob buttons not working would this be a factor or does the key contain transponder chip? we have 2 original black hyundai keys with an M on them . ive also read posts on other websites saying immobiliser unit has a reset switch and its behind cd player fascia. all this made worse as my wife is 9 months pregnant and we are without car to get to hospital!!:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts