Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, FYI. Do NOT try this. I just gave it a shot, and the sticker heats up before the glue melts. I tried pulling on the sticker only to rip of bits of it. I would not recommend trying to remove these stickers at this time.

I am now going to try to get a replacement visor from somewhere forthe sake of not having a half torn sticker up there.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (CitizenChan @ May 2 2010, 04:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318763
OK, FYI. Do NOT try this.
I can attest to this. Removed the visor today and tried the harshest methods possible, and freaking sticker didn't even budge. My last resort option has always been 'Goof Off', which instantly starts discoloring the sticker, and melts it seconds later. Glue residue has always been a b*tch, but never removing the sticker itself... until now. Nothing worked. Tried a heat gun and would have ruined the visor if held any longer. Tried boiled water and nothing. And Goof Off didn't even stain the sticker. Was only able to mess up one corner a bit with all the scratching, but doesn't look terribly bad. I've never been defeated before, but there's always a first time. Am going to reinstall the visor (passenger side) for now. After doing this on many cars, I consider myself an expert on 'destickerization', so take it from the 2 of us and don't waste your time on this folks.

I also want to replace the visors, so if somebody finds a good deal thru a discount dealer, please post. The next step is to find out if they'd come with a sticker or not if bought from a dealer. Good day.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Similar to WARNING Stickers on Pillows, those Stickers are not to be removed. If you do so you are liable for any damages

you cause, both to a Passenger, or to your Unit. Hyundai recalled my model as the Stickers weren't sticking permanently.

If you take them off, or alter them in any way, your Warranty might be voided, & your Personal Insurance policy might not cover you.

·
Registered
623 Posts
About the only thing you can do is cover the visors with a different fabric, or cover the labels with custom stickers.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Jun 7 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330759
I can attest to this. Removed the visor today and tried the harshest methods possible, and freaking sticker didn't even budge. My last resort option has always been 'Goof Off', which instantly starts discoloring the sticker, and melts it seconds later. Glue residue has always been a b*tch, but never removing the sticker itself... until now. Nothing worked. Tried a heat gun and would have ruined the visor if held any longer. Tried boiled water and nothing. And Goof Off didn't even stain the sticker. Was only able to mess up one corner a bit with all the scratching, but doesn't look terribly bad. I've never been defeated before, but there's always a first time. Am going to reinstall the visor (passenger side) for now. After doing this on many cars, I consider myself an expert on 'destickerization', so take it from the 2 of us and don't waste your time on this folks.

I also want to replace the visors, so if somebody finds a good deal thru a discount dealer, please post. The next step is to find out if they'd come with a sticker or not if bought from a dealer. Good day.
You might try this
Remove the visor and take it to any store that color matches paint (True Value etc.). Buy color matched satin or egg shell finish latex paint
Purchase a roll of contact paper...paint it (use smaller paint roller) ..... cut and place over warning sticker .... DONE
And it can be removed :=)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yup, for safety reasons the labels are intentionally almost impossible to remove cleanly. If your visors do not have incoporated lights you might be able to do what I did--swap the left and right -- so the labels are normally invisible; pressed against the roof. You only see them when you turn them down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts