Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know why i cant remove the gearbox(transmission) from the 2005 diesel santa fe? all parts removeed inc transfer box etc etc!! just seems to move slightly then like spring back onto the dowls??? any help or info on what im doing wrong???? thank you chris uk :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
its a 2005 2.0 diesel!! its late and im tired lol!!!! any help or info would be great thanks!!

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
there have been loads of posts about this subject in the past, this affects all later hyundai models with manual transmission.

you need to withdraw the clutch thrust bearing operating arm out of the top of the gearbox, because the thrust bearing sits behind the clutch cover and stops you pulling the box out

BTW welcome to the forums.......arn't you glad you joined? :whistling:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (montego @ Oct 18 2009, 05:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=271843
there have been loads of posts about this subject in the past, this affects all later hyundai models with manual transmission.

you need to withdraw the clutch thrust bearing operating arm out of the top of the gearbox, because the thrust bearing sits behind the clutch cover and stops you pulling the box out

BTW welcome to the forums.......arn't you glad you joined? :whistling:
nice one and thanks for the info!! il do that in morning!!! was doing my head in!!! so just take the arm off? thats it? then it should come off????
chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
ginnerchris:
Hope you got it all sorted (!)

guess what. I'll be changing the flywheel/clutch on our 04 santa fe 2.0 diesel...
I have been searching several Hyundai forums but there aren't all that much useful info out there.
Can I trade a good bottle of single malt in return for some advice? :whistling:

I won't need much help once I get started - and got myself a service manual today, so just need
some advice in regard to What did you disassemble/dislocate to get to the clutch. did you have to lift the engine out ..?!
Will I need any special Hyundai service tools.. or any new seals/gaskets for reassembly?
Just to get an idea what tools/lifts/parts/fluids i'll be needing, to save my Back (/fingers) - and maybe some Time.

Also - I'll be looking around, but it would be grand if you could let me know which manufacturer you got your clutch kit and flywheel from?

well mate.. would you trade some hard earned knowledge?

kind regards
STIAN / Barcelona

1 - 5 of 5 Posts