Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the message "VIN already registered" or something like that. I emailed them but no reply. Anybody use this site and successfully re-registered a car you bought used?
Thanks -Frank

·
Registered
458 Posts
You have to deal with both Hyundai and Blue Link, Happened to me. Good Luck. Call Hyundai customer service and Blue Link customer service, Also Talk to the dealer where you bought the car, in some cases they have to send stuff to both Hyundai and Blue link to prove that you are the owner of the car. Been through it on a new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought a used 2015 sonata sport too from an auction. I tried to register the car on the website but it seems the vin is already registered to the previous owner. What do i do in this case.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would call Hyundai customer care. They have to have a process in place and if they don't they need one. I imagine this is a known problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I recently bought a used 2015 sonata sport too from an auction. I tried to register the car on the website but it seems the vin is already registered to the previous owner. What do i do in this case.
Don't bother calling customer care because they'll tell you to go to the dealer. When you go to the dealer tell them that you want to register the car on the myhyundai site with your information, they'll have to open some backdoor program to do it but it can only be done there.

I did this a couple months back for a used car, do not leave the dealership if you can't log onto myhyundai and see the car, because if you can't see it then they did it wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry dealer only. Take car to dealer with owners card to prove it's yours. Dealer can easily change ownership of VIN to you in about 10 minutes. Easy

·
Registered
60 Posts
What are some benefits on using myhyundai.com site? Can't seem to find that information, bought my car last year and just now heard about myhyundai.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MyHyundai tracks car by VIN. It remotely scans the car monthly and produces a service report. Can schedule service with local Hyundai dealer. Shows what accessories are available for the car. Lists recalls and required checks. Worth taking a look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pain in the butt for sure. I just bought a used 2012 Sonata and couldn't register because it was already registered in someone else's name. i was at the dealership today and mentioned this to the service mgr and he punched in my info and said I was good to go. I get home and log in, still says vin already registered. I'll try to call customer service at Hyundai.com and see if they can get me logged in. I guess I should have tried while at the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blackwidow

I just bought My hyundai from a used dealership andI tried to register my car but it says my Vin isn't valid. Try to contact customer care but the hold rate is long.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought My hyundai from a used dealership andI tried to register my car but it says my Vin isn't valid. Try to contact customer care but the hold rate is long.
If you email them, it's much quicker. They'll need you to scan/email a copy of the purchase order, your license, registration.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I went through the e-mailing in the receipts which made it get rid of the error about VIN already being used, but still get another error and it says to take to a dealership. Probably to do the ownership change now that the VIN is "unlocked" or whatever was done when I e-mailed proof of ownership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts