Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I can open the front passenger door from the outside door handle but not from the inside handle. It is NOT an issue with the remote locking.

I have removed the inside door plastic panel to have a look. Seems the cable from the handle to the door latch may have broken (or some become unhooked/attached) within the latch mechanism as its all good at the inside door handle end.

I can unhook the cable at the door handle connection but can't work out how to do this at the door latch as its hidden inside the latch housing. It looks like I need to remove a white plastic attachment which the cable slides through and is possibly push fit into the latch housing but it doesn't want to easily push out. I have tried to prise/pull it out but am worried this is not just a push fit and may break it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,940 Posts
Any suggestions?
I'd suggest you check to see if the cables are available as a separate item before going to too much trouble trying to remove them.
From what you describe, it sounds like they might be part of the latch assembly, and the only way to buy a new cable is with it attached to a new latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts