Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes on a longer trip, just tired of seeing the tuner or nav map, I want to just have the clock displayed, digital or analog. But the clock display quickly reverts back to the previous map or radio view. I checked with the dealer, and even the principal couldn't find a way to leave the clock displayed. Anyone know how?

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
There is a setting (in settings) to display the clock when off (or a background of your choice). You have to power off the unit by press and holding power to see it, not just a quick press of the power button

·
Registered
163 Posts
The above advice is spot-on, but FYI, it will turn off the radio.

If you still want to listen to the radio, you can turn the just the display completely off. In Settings, there is a "Display Off" button on the main screen I believe. It keeps everything on, but turns off the display. You can use the center display between tach and speedometer for Nav/Radio information if desired. To turn the display back on, just tap the screen or press any button.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can also hit the info button then choose GPS.

This gives you a readout of your speed, Lat & long and elevation, radio and Nav still works in the background..

This also helps the wife and other back seat drivers keep tabs on whether you are going to fast. LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
OP, without turning the unit off, there is no way to display the clock for longer than a few seconds. When turning the unit off, it will display whatever you have decided to choose for the background, whether it is wallpaper or the clock. Sorry, wish there was a different answer. Believe me.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,451 Posts
Life must be pretty boring when you prefer watching a clock to just about anything else. :smile:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Life must be pretty boring when you prefer watching a clock to just about anything else. :smile:
My ex-girlfriend from long ago .. once said that life will just pass me by without me noticing
So, I have kept an eye on the clock and not one minute has snicked by me ... hahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can't keep clock dispaly on .........

By the time the 2017 Limited arrived, this was a non issue. Its information display allows the screen to be selected OFF. However, when selected OFF a clock (analog or digital) can be displayed. The now mostly blank screen seems more useful on a trip (even around town) vs. the clutter of non needed mega symology. When one of the function displays is again need, the main menu buttons (or just touching the screen) allow the selection to be displayed.

I do not know what year this feature was introduced.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have to be one of the odd ones who would prefer to be able to see the clock except when making adjustments that would show on the display. I do a lot of night driving and the clock display doe snot have the light output of the fully lit tuner / information display. I usually just turn it off but the clock would be a nice touch....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too now have a problem with the clock display. When the radio, or media is off, the clock will not display.
The clock should display when the car is on unless I press the display button to turn it off.
My 2014 Sport does not have the nav. system, so the solutions suggested above do not apply. Is there another location/method for setting for the clock display?

·
Registered
2 Posts
clock display

Hello, I have a problem that has recently begun with the clock display. When the radio, or media is off, the clock will not display. The clock should display when the car is on unless I press the display button to turn it off.

Similar discussions suggested a possible solution for a more advanced systems. My 2014 Sport does not have the nav. system, so the solutions suggested do not apply. Is there another location/method for setting the clock display?

This feature has just slipped out of warranty. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have just set the custom button * large star by setup to display the clock. Yes it goes off but when starting now all I do is hit the Custom key * and it displays always when engine running unless Home button pressed. Not sure if this helps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts