Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Sonata, and just got a Moto X Android phone. It's paired with the Sonata, and calls sound good, and the contacts transfer without a problem.

But if I use the navigation google maps on the phone, I cannot hear it through the speakers. Any way to enable the sound on the phone to play through the speakers?

-Thanks

·
Registered
664 Posts
Is the voice turn-by-turn option on in your settings?

Someone I know had this problem with her iPhone and it was because the voice was turned off hahaha

·
Registered
941 Posts
Do you have the bluetooth input (aux) selected when you are trying to use the nav on the phone? If you have a different source selected it won't automatically switch and that's why you aren't hearing it.
I'm usually streaming music from the phone anyway so when I use Maps for nav the voice instructions will interrupt the streaming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the bluetooth input (aux) selected when you are trying to use the nav on the phone? If you have a different source selected it won't automatically switch and that's why you aren't hearing it.
I'm usually streaming music from the phone anyway so when I use Maps for nav the voice instructions will interrupt the streaming.

I'll bet your right. I don't use bluetooth. How do I set the car to bluetooth?

-Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you have the phone paired then you are already using bluetooth for calls. The way it works is that with the phone bluetooth on and connected to the car, when a call comes in, or you initiate a call, the radio will automatically switch sources so you hear the call through it. However when using other apps from the phone that provide audio, such as streaming or nav, you have to manually select the source to hear it over bluetooth.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the phone paired then you are already using bluetooth for calls. The way it works is that with the phone bluetooth on and connected to the car, when a call comes in, or you initiate a call, the radio will automatically switch sources so you hear the call through it. However when using other apps from the phone that provide audio, such as streaming or nav, you have to manually select the source to hear it over bluetooth.

Do you manually select it on the car or the phone?

·
Registered
564 Posts
You can also go into the phone bluetooth settings and tell the phone to not allow media streaming while paired. That way, you can still use the phone while paired, but if you are using GPS the voice directions (which come through as media )will play through the phone.

Otherwise, you will have to keep the radio set to the AUX setting in order to hear the directions when paired.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts