Hyundai Forums banner

Can't get Gas Into My 2010 Tucson!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Joemsj51 
#1 ·
Hello, I've had a recurring issue on my 2010 Tucson for more than two months now and cannot get any resolution from the dealer. When I fill gas into the car, it clicks off after filling it about 3 gallons. To get more gas into the tank, I then need to go very slow and pump a little bit in while it keeps clicking off. This usually takes about 10 minutes to get 7-8 gallons into the vehicle. I am so frustrated! My gas gauge was not reading properly either. I brought the car to the dealer 3 times and all they kept saying was nothing was registering as an error on the computer for the filling issue but did replace the gas gauge which is not working properly.. Finally, on the last visit, they spent a little time with it and snaked the system and blew area into the tank and it still didn't fix it!! They told me that there was nothing more they could do and were out of ideas .. I called the Hyundai Customer care and explained the situation and now its back at the same dealer again only this time, Hyundai is picking up the tab for a rental for me. The dealer will look at the vehicle again but is still saying that they are out of ideas. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but its really frustrating and I have been very disappointed with this car! I want to get rid of it.:frown:

#7 ·
Lee94
OP never mentions going to more than one gas station and getting the same bad news results. Most staions nowadays have pump handles that dispense the gas super-fast, even on the lowest setting. I avoid those places, for they stir contaminants at the bottom of our gas tanks. I pump where slower handle-pressures exist and if it takes me two minutes longer to feed 15 gallons, then so be-it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.