Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, was wondering if anyone can help me with the location of the block heater cord on a 2012 manual 5 door accent?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
73 Posts
call the dealer & ask where the cord is supposed to be located - or drive back and inquire where it is.

2 easy options :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a feeling it was not installed as I looked pretty much everywhere under the hood. I have had previous accents as well so the engine bay is familiar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No dice on the hidden cord and in Canada we have spare tires not the inflate kit. Thanks for the thoughts though

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Stand on the battery side of the engine and look way down. The block heater is hard to see, it mounts under the thermostat housing.

The images below show how my block heater wire is routed. (This is a dealer installed heater).. I put green dots on the wire to make it easier to identify. Part of the wire near the engine is covered with a protective sheath, so it doesn't look like the regular 3 conductor rubber block heater wire...

The wire goes from the heater, back to the firewall... Then it goes up and comes out near the brake booster. It's routed forward between the battery and fuse panel. The bulk of the cord and the actual plug is coiled up and stuck between the airbox and battery.

Because it's a dealer installed option, yours may not be exactly the same.. But it should be close..... Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts