Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I upgraded my Iphone 4S to iOS 7, i can't control my music with the steering wheel controls anymore with the special USB Hyundai cable.
It was working perfectly before... :(.
Any solutions?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Since I upgraded my Iphone 4S to iOS 7, i can't control my music with the steering wheel controls anymore with the special USB Hyundai cable.
It was working perfectly before... :(.
Any solutions?
I had an issue like that with my 5s. Try a hard reset with the phone and try that, it worked for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My wife's 4S with iOS 7 is working fine with the Hyundai cable. She initially had problems connecting but chalked it up to not plugging in firmly. Works great otherwise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 4S was having battery problems, so I changed it to a 5S.
Added a 30-pin to Lightning adapter to my Hyundai cable.
Works perfectly now ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Complete N00B here but I've seen so many conflicting answers to this question I decided to take it to people who actually drive a Hyundai!

I just purchased a 2011 Sonata GLS (no nav) and my iphone 5 (iOS7.something) is synced successfully w BT so I can make calls and listen to music. I have volume control on the wheel. HOWEVER, there are no menu/control displays on the radio. Now some folks say this is how it's supposed to be, some say they have music info and voice control "play artist The Beatles!" Mine says mp3 play. I can control music from the phone but that kind of defeats the purpose of BT sync.

So, can I or can't I connect up so that I get track info etc display? I've done a couple of hard resets on the phone. Advice please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts