Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Don't know what to do. I want to get a Black Sonata SE with Sunroof and Navigation package and so far I have struck out with a few dealers I have talked with. They haven't even been able to locate one for me. Crazy how these things are selling or Hyundai not anticipating the demand. So now they are asking me my second color choice, which I "kind" of like the White and the Red but just not sure. Anybody have an opinion or suggestion for me??? I really love the Black, but may'be I could be 'sold' on the White or Red SE. By the way not even sure if dealers could get that for me - they just asked my second choice at this point..lol!! Help!!

Tom

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (thlarock @ Jul 27 2010, 09:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345159
Hey guys,

Don't know what to do. I want to get a Black Sonata SE with Sunroof and Navigation package and so far I have struck out with a few dealers I have talked with. They haven't even been able to locate one for me. Crazy how these things are selling or Hyundai not anticipating the demand. So now they are asking me my second color choice, which I "kind" of like the White and the Red but just not sure. Anybody have an opinion or suggestion for me??? I really love the Black, but may'be I could be 'sold' on the White or Red SE. By the way not even sure if dealers could get that for me - they just asked my second choice at this point..lol!! Help!!

Tom
Ive heard other members saying theyve had to wait up to 5 weeks to take delivery of their car. The Sonata is one of the best selling cars in the country now, so there are going to be delays in locating cars.

My recommendation is wait if you can. Dont settle for a color you dont want, unless you really think you'll be happy with your second choice. Assuming you plan on keeping the car for a while, you'll be much happier down the road if you got the car you really wanted.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Don't settle on color. You will regret it later. Unless there is a great financial windfall from going from black to another color.

·
Registered
424 Posts
actually IMO the lighter colors look best on the yf, like pearl white and silver. the body shape really comes out with the lighter colors.

I have pacific blue but wish I got pearl white or silver instead. the front bumper lines and the body creases show very strong on lighter colors and makes the car look bigger.

I was set on black at first but did not like the heavy pearl flakes in the paint.

QUOTE (thlarock @ Jul 27 2010, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345159
Hey guys,

Tom

·
Banned
630 Posts
I love my Venetian Red SE...but then again I told myself I'd never own another black car...

but here in NY, plenty of sonatas to come by....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Happened to me when I bought my Maxima. I wanted a black one and settled on a navy blue one. Over time I liked the dark blue better than the black because I saw a ton of black ones on the road and very few navy ones.

My next car however I held out and didn't settle had to be a black Audi.

Car after that, I settled again. Wanted glacier frost mica (shifted from white to blue) got my third to least favorite color which was silver. Over time the silver grew on me as it was very low maintenance and looked nice most of the time.

With my Sonata, I settled on trim level instead of color. That so far has been harder to overcome than color. Color (in my experience) grows on you. Missing equipment you wanted... Doesn't.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's your Money, Get what you really want it may not be available on the spot but a good dealer will find or order it for you, again you may have to wait a bit but it is your money and hopefully you will have the car for a long time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you want black and don't mind waiting, i'd say wait for it. I wanted the iridescent blue pearl, but they didn't have it and I didn't have the luxury of being able to wait long, so i bought the silver. I like silver, but that blue pearl color is sooo much better in m opinion

·
Registered
143 Posts
Obviously color is a personal choice. I have seen black SEs and they look great but didn't want a dark car in this climate. Honestly the SE would probably look good in just about any color (except hot pink :w00t:)

I was also determined to get the NAV package but after two months I decided without the backup camera it wasn't worth the wait and the $$. Again, personal choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (calguy @ Jul 27 2010, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345228
if you want black and don't mind waiting, i'd say wait for it. I wanted the iridescent blue pearl, but they didn't have it and I didn't have the luxury of being able to wait long, so i bought the silver. I like silver, but that blue pearl color is sooo much better in m opinion
Just had to put in my 2 cents worth on this story.

I too think the Iridesent Blue Pearl would look great for many years.

That color looks clean longer, is easy to wash, doesn't act as a solar collector in the parking lot, and best of all, it changes subtly in the light from a soft blue to silvery blue.

I had a Lincoln LSC once in much the same color and have always wanted another car like it for all the above reasons.

Sad to say, Hyundai in their Corporate Dumb Idea Room, decided not to sell that color in Canada.

My first choice is a Ltd, with Iridesent Blue Pearl and gray leather interior.....I don't have a second choice.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
If you have to "settle", go for Venetian Red. BTW--that was my first choice and I got it just the way I wanted. But patience is the key (waited 3 wks but no issues b/c my trade was in the shop and I was driving a loaner!!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's old school myth bro - taken straight from my first psychology course.

QUOTE (brogers57 @ Jul 27 2010, 11:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345183
Crazy as it sounds. Red is nice but it's also sporty in a cops eyes.
Even though its "Venetian Red" - I dont see it as a true red at all...more on the Burgandy side. It fits in well with other cars. True red is like, say the color Vette carries, or something like this:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would sell you mine :) Was told I had the first black on black se with nav in Kansas. Mine came from Missouri so close by but not Kansas.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Sunspot @ Jul 29 2010, 05:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345811
That's old school myth bro - taken straight from my first psychology course.

Even though its "Venetian Red" - I dont see it as a true red at all...more on the Burgandy side. It fits in well with other cars. True red is like, say the color Vette carries, or something like this:

:thumbsup:
Even though those 80s Countaches look dated by todays standards, I cant help but get nostalgic of having posters of these things on my wall as a kid! I still would take an opportunity to buy one if I found one for the right price! :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Jul 29 2010, 11:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345870
Even though those 80s Countaches look dated by todays standards, I cant help but get nostalgic of having posters of these things on my wall as a kid! I still would take an opportunity to buy one if I found one for the right price! :)
Fah Sho! I used to have the same posters lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts