Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought my 2008 Accent L hatchback used in January. This is the first camping season I've had it, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with mounting tips.

I see a firm ring welded on at the rear centre of the vehicle, but I see nothing promising at the front of the vehicle.

I would prefer to mount it with two straps in a V configuration at the front, but will gladly settle for a single strap at the front if someone has any ideas/experience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
My experience has been to simply strap it to the roof rack. It works amazingly well for many thousands of miles. I had a guy cut me off in my old Volvo that way and the canoe hardly moved when I totaled my car and his truck. I usually put a strap on the back from the tow hook to the rear of the canoe just for some added support and not worry about the front.

·
Registered
128 Posts
what are you using for a rack? You could probably just hook it on to whatever is convenient and solid under the front end. Or maybe the hood or back onto the door's b pillar, but would have to keep the window down. But yeah I don't think it will be a problem just strapping it perpendicularly there should be enough friction there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts