Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm trying to change my 5" radio for an 7" radio OEM from USA.
I do It the adapter to not cut any wire and all perfect. But i have a problem, the new radio has multimedia can, chassis can and body can.
First i Connect my can hight and can low to multimedia can + and -.
But is not syncro with the center display.
Then i change de mm can to chassis can and then to body can and not syncro.
Anyone has an idea?
The other problem os that rear can is dissable for software and i don't know how enable rear cam.
Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
So you are upgrading from the base radio to the 7 inch OEM radio? Any pics to help us better understand what you are doing and more info on your project?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, i have 5'' radio and i am trying to install the 7'' radio OEM from USA. I'm from Spain.
I have do an adapter and the radio work good. But my problem is canbus because the 7'' radio have multimedia canbus, chasis canbus and body canbus.
And i have only canbus hight and low.
I have not get that canbus work.
And this is my problem and the rear view camera.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you are upgrading from the base radio to the 7 inch OEM radio? Any pics to help us better understand what you are doing and more info on your project?
This is that i talking about.
And the center display of the odomether appear in Germán not in spanish language that i put un the radio

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
So this is USA spec radio? I don't see why there is a 3rd canbus harness and the switch to German on your odometer lends me to believe perhaps the pins on the harness may differ between US model and Spain model cars. We would need to compare the pins on the harness from US service manual to your Spain model to see if any of the pins differ and also trace the third harness and see if maybe there is an intermediate piece that your car lacks but can be added.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this is USA spec radio? I don't see why there is a 3rd canbus harness and the switch to German on your odometer lends me to believe perhaps the pins on the harness may differ between US model and Spain model cars. We would need to compare the pins on the harness from US service manual to your Spain model to see if any of the pins differ and also trace the third harness and see if maybe there is an intermediate piece that your car lacks but can be added.
Yes, the harness are different. So i doit an adapter from USA radio to the harness of the car. And it's all conect right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, i have 5'' radio and i am trying to install the 7'' radio OEM from USA. I'm from Spain.
I have do an adapter and the radio work good. But my problem is canbus because the 7'' radio have multimedia canbus, chasis canbus and body canbus.
Thank you
For start rear view camera work, you have to plug pink wire (pin #33) in connector M09-CB on the fuse F23 10 amp (5 module).
C-CAN from rear camera will show you guidelines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you
For start rear view camera work, you have to plug pink wire (pin #33) in connector M09-CB on the fuse F23 10 amp (5 module).
C-CAN from rear camera will show you guidelines.
Thank you! ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts