Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question to all the Canadians out there. When you've needed to get a part replaced, and the dealer doesn't have it in stock, how long does it take for the part in question to arrive.

Example: When I had my BSD sensor go on the fritz, it took them three weeks to get that part. Currently, I am a week into waiting for a multifunction switch to solve a turn signal issue.

I've had cars from GM, BMW, and Toyota in the past and the most I've had to wait for a part is a day or two. So waiting a week or more is kind of mind blowing to me. Which is why I am asking the question. In a backhanded way, I am trying to figure out if the dealer is at fault, or if this is how Hyundai operates.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Probably has to come from Korea from experience ordering other parts for my car.
Canadian customs is slow as a dog. Your postal service is also pretty slow compared to here in the U.S. At least that's my experience having shipped parts to our plant in Saskatoon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
A question to all the Canadians out there. When you've needed to get a part replaced, and the dealer doesn't have it in stock, how long does it take for the part in question to arrive.

Example: When I had my BSD sensor go on the fritz, it took them three weeks to get that part. Currently, I am a week into waiting for a multifunction switch to solve a turn signal issue.

I've had cars from GM, BMW, and Toyota in the past and the most I've had to wait for a part is a day or two. So waiting a week or more is kind of mind blowing to me. Which is why I am asking the question. In a backhanded way, I am trying to figure out if the dealer is at fault, or if this is how Hyundai operates.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
My BSD sensor took a month and a half since it had to be shipped on a boat so they told me, had to change my passenger side lights since it had a defect with the sealant that took 2 weeks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. That's a data point that sort of points to a corporate issue rather than being a dealer issue as I recall that you go to one of the mid-town Toronto dealerships. That doesn't exactly make me feel good though.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, here's an update to my parts issue. After three weeks the part came in. But..... They ordered the wrong part. I found out after waiting for about 40 minutes in the dealership. The dealership was highly apologetic and they are rushing in the correct part. That may show up "early next week." Whatever that means.

#Fail

·
Registered
223 Posts
To satisfy you as a customer that has waited far too long for a part they ordered incorrectly why not take one off a unit sitting in inventory.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To satisfy you as a customer that has waited far too long for a part they ordered incorrectly why not take one off a unit sitting in inventory.
I was thinking that yesterday when this happened. But I guess there are pros and cons to doing that. As in if I ripped into them or escalated to the GM of the dealership they may be more likely to do that. I don't rip into people. And I'll give them the chance to make it right. But if it isn't in by the end of next week, escalating to the GM is my next step.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part arrived on Monday and was installed in my Tucson by Tuesday at 10AM. I'll give the dealer points for delivering on their promise to get it in "early next week."

·
Registered
17 Posts
The part arrived on Monday and was installed in my Tucson by Tuesday at 10AM. I'll give the dealer points for delivering on their promise to get it in "early next week."

My recent thermostat recall took 2weeks for the parts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I need a front bearing. Diagnosed on Tues PM and got a call that it was here Thurs PM. Don't know where it is coming from, but I'm in the BC interior where, normally, things take forever to get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts