Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ,

I am looking to buy economical priced air filters at any Canadian store / or online , dealership is very pricey on air filter as well.

Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 SantaFe Luxury, 2.0t
71 Posts
I buy my cabin filters at Canadian Tire. Haven't had to replace the air filter yet but will probably do the same. Might also check Amazon.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The stock OEM engine filter on both my 2015 and 2018 turbos have two locking levers to make sure the filter has a good seal. The aftermarket filters don't have this feature. Pull the filter and you will see what I mean. Stock OEM filter costs around $18 US in my area. Cheaper ny mail order.

Don't know about Cabin Filtets, although years ago, I decided to check the cabin filter on my 2002 Continental after 85k miles. Never had air flow problems. Filter was filthy, with dirt and leaves. Like I said, still worked good. Shook off leaves and surface dirt, then vacuumed it, and put it back in. Still in use when I sold car at 130+ miles.

·
Registered
689 Posts
bob the engine air filter at the dealer i think is only $22. it's not that much more than a non OEM.
My dealer didn't charge extra to install the engine air filter. The CAF on the other hand is an arm and a leg, but is an easy DIY.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last time I replaced Cabin air filter was around 2 years ago, today I checked it again and it was not too dirty so I just used air compressor to push the dust out and put it back.

Engine air filter was last changed a year ago and today that doesn’t look very dirty either but I will definitely get the replaced soon, so this GDI can breathe more and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
413 Posts
I got both filters replaced with K&N filters on my 2017 Sonata 2.4L and will keep Hyundai filters to use when K&N are being clean. Their website does accept orders from Canada.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Canadian tire is where I buy the CAF for my 2009 Sonata. They last about 2 years here in Toronto.

CF 10381 for a 2009-2010 CAF.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The stock OEM engine filter on both my 2015 and 2018 turbos have two locking levers to make sure the filter has a good seal. The aftermarket filters don't have this feature. Pull the filter and you will see what I mean. Stock OEM filter costs around $18 US in my area. Cheaper ny mail order.

Don't know about Cabin Filtets, although years ago, I decided to check the cabin filter on my 2002 Continental after 85k miles. Never had air flow problems. Filter was filthy, with dirt and leaves. Like I said, still worked good. Shook off leaves and surface dirt, then vacuumed it, and put it back in. Still in use when I sold car at 130+ miles.
The one below has the tabs.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6450057&cc=3353779&jsn=364

1 - 12 of 12 Posts